Women's Health, Fashion Assistant
We are looking for a bright and enthusiastic Fashion Assistant who, after gaining experience in the magazine and fashion industry, is ready to take the next step with a permanent role as part of the fashion team at Women’s Health.
Our fashion content and identity has been steadily growing over the past five years and this is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a unique team offering service fashion journalism and aspirational creative stories.
Full time Fashion Assistant on a permanent contract. They will directly report into the Fashion Director.
- Assisting the Fashion Director with the production of all fashion content across the magazine and website.
- Liaising with PRs on a daily basis to call in and return samples. Working with agencies helping to secure photographers, models and hair and make-up artists etc. Building a rapport with industry contacts in order to develop the brand's relationships.
- Overseeing the day-to-day running of the fashion cupboard. You will also be responsible for booking monthly interns and managing their experience at the magazine.
- Compiling two regular fashion pages for each issue. This includes sourcing images, organising still-life shoots and writing captions/copy.
- Writing short and snappy fashion content in line with the tone of the magazine.
- Pitching and producing fashion ideas for the website and helping to create social content.
- Keeping up to date with current industry trends and news by attending relevant events.
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrable relevant experience interning or assisting in the industry.
- They will have a good knowledge of the PR industry and will have already started to build their own contacts book.
- They will have exceptional communication skills and the ability to build on existing relationships – and create new ones – with PRs and other industry contacts.
- They will have a great eye for style and knowledge of the fashion climate and be able to produce content that is both on-trend and relevant to the WH audience.
- They will be hard-working and committed to the role, taking all tasks seriously and being prepared to go the extra mile.
- They will possess good IT skills and be able to demonstrate the ability to write short and snappy fashion content.
Click 'Apply' now! Along with your CV and cover letter, please outline a product idea for the FIT KIT HERO page in the KNOW-HOW section of the magazine. You don’t need to include an image, but please provide the name and description of a product you think would fit in perfectly on this page. Tone is everything for WH readers, so please tell them in an informative yet entertaining way why they absolutely need this product in their lives right now!
WE ARE BRAVE
You will be innovative and challenging, don’t be afraid to bring new ideas to the table and speak up, we want to hear you.
WE CREATE A GREAT BUSINESS TOGETHER
We are a collaborative business made by many, you will be an individual working as part of a team creating fantastic work for some of the most exciting brands in the industry.
WE ADAPT AND WE CHANGE
You’ll be able to adapt to a fast pace, be agile in an ever changing environment and thrive in an evolving media business.
WE ARE PROUD TO BE HERE
We are proud to be Hearst, acting as a brand ambassador you will be a Hearst champion internally and externally.