International Baccalaureate, Assistant Web Editor (Netherlands)
If you're looking to work for a global organization with a meaningful mission, and with colleagues all over the world, then the International Baccalaureate® (IB) may have the ideal opportunity for you!
The IB is a leading global not-for-profit educational organization that offers curriculum and assessment worldwide to children aged 3-19. Our education programs encourage students to be active learners, well-rounded individuals and engaged world citizens.
In addition, we offer comprehensive professional development to support schools and educators.
The IB offers you a unique opportunity to use your skills and attributes in a passionate, mission-focused environment. We're seeking the best talent, who have not just the required expertise and technical skills but also the behavioral qualities needed to support a variety of stakeholders in the education sector.
In return, you'll get to work in a learning organization committed to your growth and development, with internationally minded professionals. If you meet all the requirements for this position and you're seeking just that kind of opportunity, please apply!
The Global Communications and Branding Department oversees the IB brand and how the organization communicates this to all key stakeholders, both internally and externally.
Sitting within the wider External Academic Relations Division, we are responsible for the main online and offline channels including the public website, production of IB World magazine and our corporate newsletters. Our aim is to increase awareness of the IB and its mission, while safeguarding our reputation as a world leader in International Education.
The Global Communications and Branding department has primary responsibility for the IB public website and manages and develops all online content.
The Assistant Web Editor role is an essential part of the team and will contribute to the web content process, assisting the Senior Web editor in managing www.ibo.org.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Writing and developing content for the public website, ensuring content is engaging and appropriate, to raise the profile and mission of the IB with key stakeholders.
- Working within the CMS to develop new content and update existing content
- Supporting the Senior Web Editor in working with internal stakeholders to produce and publish content across the public website.
- Working closely with colleagues across the organization to deliver specific web content solutions in support of the wider organizational goals.
- The ideal candidate for this role would combine a skill for writing and communicating visually with an awareness and innate understanding of web design and tech developments.
- The role holder will ideally possess the following qualifications:
- Educated to bachelor degree level in a relevant field.
- Experience using CMS.
- Highly capable web/digital editorial skills are essential, with minimum 3 years' experience editing websites and digital copy.
- Editorial and/or journalistic qualifications.
- Strong understanding of user needs and usability, as well as a high awareness of the latest online media trends.
- Experience of using Google Analytics, and implementing data findings into content and copy.
- Knowledge of (and demonstrable experience implementing) Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practice and web accessibility standards (WCAG).
- Experience implementing digital marketing and communications campaigns online, preferably including social media.
- Familiarity with UX techniques e.g. information architecture, user interaction and use of personas.
Click 'Apply' now.
*The International Baccalaureate is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer*