BNY Mellon, Associate Director of Media Relations
BNY Mellon is seeking an Associate Director of Media Relations for Investment Services covering Europe, the Middle East and Africa who will work closely with global communications and marketing, and the senior Investment Services management team. The role will be based in London.
S/he will create newsworthy content in various different formats for social media, presentations, blog posts, press releases and BNY Mellon newsroom stories with a strong focus on measuring the impact and effectiveness of their communications efforts.
Social media skills are a must, and the successful candidate will have experience of cross-promoting print and broadcast content on various channels including Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
The candidate will collaborate with global colleagues to package and promote thought leadership, organisational initiatives and product/services.
S/he will ideally have PR/external communications experience in a highly-matrixed global company or agency. Industry experience in investment services, financial services and technology is highly preferred.
They will have excellent writing, editing, interpersonal, and project management skills, and strong relationships with the relevant target media. The role will also involve managing relationships with targeted media outlets.
The candidate will report to the relevant Corporate Communications senior manager with responsibility for executing external communications strategies linked directly to corporate and business objectives.
This will include protecting the company’s reputation in crisis/negative situations and managing risk relative to all stakeholders including the media, shareholders, clients, communities and employees.
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment and to develop and progress within the company in a challenging and supportive environment.
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of work experience required
- Extensive experience in the securities or financial services industry is preferred
- Extensive experience in Media Relations
- Very strong strategic counsel orientation and ability to engage and shape senior leadership views on core business and communications topics
- Digitally conversant with strong written, oral, persuasive and critical thinking skills
- Possesses the seniority and intrinsics to effectively operate as a peer to the firm’s top leadership
- Successful track record of getting things done in a highly-matrixed organization; global sensibility
- Proven ability to develop and execute big picture, global internal communications strategies and roll up your sleeve attitude to get the job done
- Experience with recruiting, retaining, motivating and mentoring a high-performing cross-cultural team of professionals globally
What we can offer you:
- Challenging, fun and supportive environment
- 25 days holiday (in addition to Bank Holidays) plus opportunity to purchase up to 5 extra days
- Highly competitive benefits package including pension and private medical cover
- City centre location
- Competitive discounts on travel and parking
- Discounts on a range of local retailers
- Opportunity for further academic training – including NVQ, IOC, Degree and soft skills
- Opportunity to join site wide networking groups
- Opportunity to participate in process improvement programmes (Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen); we recognise and reward new ideas
Click 'Apply' now.