BNY Mellon, Group Manager - Executive Communications
- Experienced executive communications professional to lead strategic planning and development of content in support of the Investment Services EMEA CEO and executive team. Communicates and clarifies the organization's strategic initiatives, business goals and value proposition. Develops a strategic approach and content consistent with and reflecting global Investment Services and corporate messaging, and communicates timely and relevant information. Liaises with executive planning and administrative teams across BNY Mellon to coordinate executive appearances and content. Excellent writing and communications skills.
- Establishes collaborative relationships with multiple business stakeholders and external partners to align activities to key strategic objectives.
- Manages the development of presentations and talking points for IS EMEA CEO and direct reports. Manages speaking engagement calendar. Fields ad-hoc requests and allocates and deploys resources as needed. Provides technical leadership on methods and approach. Develops and manages annual editorial planning process and results reporting to primary business stakeholders, including message delivery and impact. Involves others in decision making to secure buy-in. Rapidly assesses and makes operational decisions.
- Establishes reports on and measures team contribution to department objectives, manages risk, and develops/oversees policies and procedures for the team.
- Champions and manages special projects supporting functional or business initiatives. Ensures standard operating procedures and policies are being adhered to. Challenges the status quo to raise standards and common practices. Encourages diverse thinking to promote and nurture innovation.
- Promotes a sense of urgency and establishes individual accountability supporting functional or business initiatives. Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles.
- Experience in senior executive communications leadership role(s) in highly visible and matrixed global organization(s)
- Proven track record working with senior executives on internal and external speeches, presentations and other deliverables
- Very strong strategic counsel orientation and ability to engage and shape senior leadership views on core business and communications topics
- Digitally conversant with strong written, oral, persuasive and critical thinking skills
- Possesses the poise and intrinsics to effectively counsel senior leaders
- Successful track record of getting things done in a highly-matrixed organization and has keen sense of urgency
- Global mindset and demonstrated experience working with global teams
- Proven ability to develop and execute big picture, global PR and executive communications strategies while demonstrating results
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience required.
- 12+ years of related PR, media, communications and/or marketing experience preferred; experience in communications, securities, financial services, private equity or consulting industry is preferred.
What we can offer you:
- Challenging, fun and supportive environment
- 25 days holiday (in addition to Bank Holidays) plus opportunity to purchase up to 5 extra days
- Highly competitive benefits package including pension and private medical cover
- City centre location
- Competitive discounts on travel and parking
- Discounts on a range of local retailers
- Opportunity for further academic training – including NVQ, IOC, Degree and soft skills
- Opportunity to join site wide networking groups
- Opportunity to participate in process improvement programmes (Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen); we recognise and reward new ideas
Click 'Apply' now.