Charles Stanley, Internal Communications Executive
An exciting opportunity to join one of the oldest companies on the London Stock Exchange in the newly created role of Internal Communications Executive.
Working closely with the Head of Communications to develop and implement the internal communications strategy for the Group, comprised of a head office in London and 24 regional offices. Great opportunity to develop some existing channels as well as implement new channels!
Perfect for someone who has experience in internal communications wanting to progress their career, the ideal candidate would be a bright, self-starter, passionate about communications and engagement.
This role will support the production and delivery of all internal communications activity across the organisation.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Support in the delivery of the company’s strategic internal communications plan.
- Identify and develop strategic, creative and innovative ways to engage with all employees through a variety of channels
- Support activities as part of the strategic plan to communicate business news, events and initiatives for employees across multiple regional offices.
- Plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal communications mediums, such as the staff intranet, internal magazine or regular email bulletins.
- Support the HoC to creatively communicate and instil our brand values in all staff – Caring, Fair and Progressive.
- Prioritise to ensure that internal communications are creative, timely and to maximise their effectiveness
- Promote best practice relating to internal communications, ensuring clarity of processes and clear messaging.
- Work closely with department, division and branch heads to engage them with the internal communications function.
- Work autonomously and build partnerships and a network with key figures in the organisation
- Support the HoC with the day-to-day running of the Communications department (including fulfilling external communication needs where necessary)
- Desirable: Relevant qualifications/degree – journalism, communications, marketing or similar discipline
- Experience in an internal communications team, for a mid to large organisation, is most sought after. Other relevant experience a plus.
- Experience of implementing and using technology and non-technology driven communication channels including the intranet, social media, electronic newsletters, videos, print, face to face etc.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills as well as the journalistic ability to source stories from employees
- Creative ability to help devise communication strategies that will have cut-through internally.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of driving employee involvement and engagement through a variety of channels
- Confident communicator with good interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- A systematic and methodical approach to working with an eye for detail
- A positive attitude and the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities
Apply by completing the application form below.