Pioneer Investments, PR Officer UK - Maternity Cover
Reporting directly to the EVP, Head of Global Strategy and Marketing (GSM), and on a dotted-line basis to the Head of International Marketing, the position holder will be responsible for managing all Global, Pan-European and UK press based in London to raise Pioneer Investments standing and reputation, acting as the key media relations contact.
- The position holder will play a key role to implement the global PR activities as part of the global PR strategy. Will be actively involved in organizing various media initiatives in London to raise Pioneer’s profile in the international press
- As part of the global PR strategy, the position holder will be responsible for
- Promoting the brand and raising overall company profile
- Increasing visibility on key products to support sales efforts: helping sales teams in their commercial efforts by generating press coverage on focus funds and other ad hoc requests (eg: new product launch)
- Positioning as a thought leader: promoting Pioneer’s investment thinking and thought leadership in the press (aligned with local priorities where required)
- The position holder will work closely with the local management in the UK to drive PR strategy and plan to support the UK business
- Develop and manage delivery of messages to the media through the most appropriate means, e.g. press releases, press conferences, press articles, newsletters etc.
- The position holder will work closely with sales teams, investments and other members of the marketing team (as needed) for various press opportunities, particularly with the PR Manager for the International Business based in Dublin.
- Crisis Management:
- Will work in close collaboration with the Head of GSM, Head of Internal and Corporate Communications, and PR Manager for International (among others) to manage any crisis situation in the press, with the objective to control & minimize reputational and brand damage
- Leverage & influence media relationships
- Maintain a list of approved media spokespeople and ensure they receive appropriate media training.
Work with all key stakeholders to assist in the successful external communication of the upcoming corporate transaction between Pioneer and Amundi anticipated to close during the summer 2017, including interacting with senior colleagues at Amundi.
- Excellent communication skills: being articulate and enthusiastic in verbal, written and face-to-face dealings
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage relationships with multiple senior stakeholders
- Ability to manage agency relationships
- A creative flair, generating new ideas and commanding the ability to think outside-the-box
- Attention to detail essential
- Sound knowledge of PR, marketing, and corporate communications fundamentals
- Fluency in English a must - other European language skills preferable
- Capital markets and/or macroeconomic knowledge and financial services experience a plus
- 2+ years of relevant media relations experience a must, either in-house or agency
Apply by completing the application form below.