Preqin, Press Officer & Communications Analyst - Global Financial Data Provider
Preqin is seeking a Press Officer & Communications Analyst to join its communications team. The successful applicant will be working in a small team to help manage Preqin’s relationship with the financial media, promoting the company’s brand and helping to supply journalists with data and analysis covering the global alternative assets industry.
Preqin is the alternative assets industry’s leading source of data and intelligence. It supplies information on the private equity, hedge fund, private debt, real estate, infrastructure and natural resources asset classes. Servicing institutional investors, fund managers and service providers, Preqin’s products and databases are used by more than 47,000 industry professionals located in over 90 countries.
Founded in 2003, Preqin operates from offices in New York, London, Singapore, San Francisco, Hong Kong and Manila. We are an independent business owned by our directors and employees.
About the Press Officer Role
The Press Officer & Communications Analyst builds and maintains relationships with a broad range of journalists worldwide, with the aim of promoting Preqin’s data and brand in the global media.
Working alongside the Press Team Leader, the Press Officer & Communications Analyst sits within Preqin’s Communications department, which also incorporates marketing, branding, events and editorial teams.
The key functions of the Press Officer & Communications Analyst role include:
- Cultivating and maintaining a network of contacts in the global financial media.
- Producing engaging and informative press releases and article submissions for distribution.
- Fulfilling incoming requests from journalists for data and comment.
- Monitoring Preqin’s press profile and helping to plan future press strategy for the company.
Requirements for the Role
The Press Officer & Communications Analyst role does not require previous experience in a public relations or press role, and may be suitable for a recent graduate. The key skills and attributes required are:
- Strong communication skills and excellent writing proficiency.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Interest in news and dealing with the press.
- 2.1 degree from a leading university.
- Interest in finance and alternative assets, and a willingness to continue learning.
Beyond this, skills and attributes which would be beneficial include:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel. Familiarity with Adobe design programmes such as photoshop or InDesign.
- Experience with writing for publication and dissemination, e.g. for a magazine or PR agency.
- Proficiency in a foreign language, especially Mandarin or Japanese.
Benefits of the Role
The Press Officer & Communications Analyst role is a good opportunity for someone looking to develop skills and experience in the fields of corporate communications, public relations, press or investor relations. Professionally, the role brings scope for progression in several areas:
- Knowledge: the Press Officer & Communications Analyst will gain an in-depth and widespread understanding of the alternative assets market, and the finance industry more generally. The Press Officer & Communications Analyst will also gain knowledge and experience of communications and media relations best practice.
- Responsibility: the Press Officer & Communications Analyst role provides the opportunity to produce copy for national and international trade press publications, analysing trends in the industry and promoting Preqin’s data and brand.
- Networking: the Press Officer & Communications Analyst will develop professional relationships with journalists at leading financial media outlets, and will be responsible for assisting them with data for their pieces.
Additionally, Preqin is a friendly and social place to work. The company takes a particular focus on helping staff to develop personally and professionally, and puts emphasis on ensuring that staff are satisfied in their work and workplace.
The press officer role offers:
- £25,000 - £27,000 basic salary plus £2,000 per annum performance-related bonus (dependent on experience).
- Study support to work towards professional qualifications.
- Free access to gym and swimming pool.
- Company-sponsored social and team-building events.
Apply by completing the application form below.