MD Communications, PR Account Manager
MD Communications is a thriving specialist legal PR agency, working with a diverse and fascinating range of legal sector clients. We’re looking for a PR Account Manager to help secure great PR outcomes for our growing client list.
A bright and committed self-starter, you will work across a range of client accounts to deliver PR outcomes that meet client expectations. You will come up with inspiring PR ideas, executing PR plans and strategies with strong written work and a proactive approach to building and utilising links across the media.
This role requires versatility and initiative. The successful candidate will have strong writing and media relations skills, and will love the buzz of getting coverage.
You’ll bring with you an existing network of journalistic contacts and consistently seek to build and nurture these networks in order to bring to the business – and for the benefit of clients – intelligence and insight on the specific and current needs of individual media outlets, and to use this to maximise results for clients.
The role responsibilities include:
- managing client accounts and writing and executing PR strategies
- producing high quality, creative and intelligent written copy – including but not limited to press releases, a variety of types of articles, quotes for journalist-led pieces and social media content
- preparing and delivering new business pitches
- proactively identifying media opportunities, and pitching client stories to the media using a full range of tactics in order to maximise coverage and achieve client objectives
- reporting to clients on PR activity and PR outcomes
Other essential criteria for the role include:
- exceptional influencing skills, gravitas and a calm and confident approach to building relationships with clients and journalists
- experience in crisis comms
- excellent ability to speak, write and read English fluently, with exceptional attention to detail and the ability to proofread quickly and accurately
- the ability to work independently using your own initiative, and to be flexible and adaptable
Also desirable would be:
- experience in developing and producing submissions to legal directories and awards
- experience working in a similar role in a law firm and/or a legal PR agency
As a boutique agency we pride ourselves on delivering high-quality, strategic work to the very highest standards, delivering great results for our clients, as well as being a team that they thoroughly enjoy working with.
MD Communications is an ambitious and fast-growing business, so a commitment to work hard and muck in is also essential.
About MD Communications
Established by Melissa Davis in 2010, MD Communications takes pride in its modern approach to reputation management and helping clients generate genuinely exciting opportunities and find new ways to develop profile.
Our modern London office is at Sea Containers House, sandwiched between the Oxo Tower and the Mondrian Hotel, with views along the Southbank. From here we have grown a business that assists clients all over the world in crafting legal reputations that deliver genuine results, from Bank to Belgium, Denmark to Dubai.
Apply by completing the application form below.