River Island, Social Media Executive
With more than 60 years of history in the bag, ours is a brand with an impressive heritage. Style is well and truly in our blood. As well as UK and Ireland, we are represented globally through our stores in Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Asia. Our e-commerce business is helping to set the trend globally, shipping to 125 countries whilst also growing our presence on the world’s leading digital fashion marketplaces.
Our people make all the difference. Just as the River Island name pulls customers in off the high street and inspires them to buy online, our employer brand turns the heads of talented people, inspiring them to join, stay and grow with us.
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS…
Exciting opportunity for an innovative Social Media Executive to join our Marketing Team!
Reporting to the Social Media and Marketing Manager you will help facilitate the management of our social media channels with a slight focus on menswear. This role is a key position within the social media team, responsible for digital content across both site and social.
The role requires a proactive individual whom is highly creative with a strong understanding of social media best practise, platform expertise and strong understanding of the brand.
Working closely with Social Media and Marketing Manager, social and e-commerce teams to ensure the execution of our social strategy delivers on key business objectives.
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
Key responsibilities include:
- Implementing River Island’s social media strategy
- Scheduling and posting content across RI’s social media channels via Sprinklr
- Drive growth of River Island’s social fan bases and drive traffic levels to RI.com
- Help to drive and deliver the menswear tone of voice across the Menswear Instagram account and blog
- Writing blog posts for the Inspiration hub and support with copywriting where required
- Reporting and analysis of key campaign activity
- Assist in the day-to-day running of River Island’s global Social Media pages, posting relevant and timely content on a daily basis
- Support in the implementation of River Island’s paid social media strategy
- Uploading and optimising daily content on Site Manager including blog posts, SEO meta descriptions, tags, related posts and competition terms
- Idea generation supporting weekly trade messages and marketing campaigns
- Process and manage related invoices
- Management of intern process and resource
- Out-of-hours posting on mornings, evenings and weekends where required
Tracking & reporting:
- Monitor social media sentiment across networks to ensure positive brand tracking
- Track owned social media performance and that of our key competitors weekly
- Report, track and measure all activity in with performance metrics and benchmarks
- Monitor competitor activity
- Work alongside Creative and Web Studio to create original social content e.g. video/gifs/images.
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders across the business including ecommerce, copy, press and fashion teams
- Attend departmental meetings
- Liaise with the Content, Creative & E-commerce teams to secure Marketing content is featured on respective LP/ HP/ Email where possible
- Reporting into the Social Media and Marketing Manager
Suitable candidates must demonstrate the following:
- Proven knowledge and experience of social media channels and management platforms
- Creative thinker with an understanding of marketing discipline
- Digital industry knowledge
- Agency or in-house social media experience working on fashion, lifestyle or entertainment brands
- Excellent creative writing skills
- Good time management skills with the ability to plan, organise and prioritise tasks under pressure to meet deadlines
- Possess a good understanding of paid social media marketing
- Be a team player, understanding priorities and work load of other departments
- Excellent communication and networking skills at all levels
- Strong copywriting skills
- Strong communication skills
- Affinity and passion for fashion
- Ability to integrate digital and social media into campaign activity
- Love the brand as much as we do!
IT NEVER GETS BORING…
If you are ambitious and love working in a busy environment where every day is new, then River Island is the place to be! As a business, we are committed to developing our talent and offer a fantastic training program to help you optimise your performance and support your career progression with the company.
You will be working with industry experts who are passionate about our brand and really know their stuff. They are focused on ensuring they deliver this knowledge to their team to support with their development with the business. What better way to learn and develop your career than alongside someone who has been there and done it themselves!
Our working environment is busy, fast moving and responsive to our customers’ needs, much like our training which is unique to our business and reflective of our fun and refreshing brand and our people within it! Our River Academy offers ongoing training and development by running workshops throughout the year varying from courses focusing on softer skills to the more technical courses you may require to perform your duties.
It’s not all work and no play here either…we all work hard but we also like to have fun too! We are a social bunch and regularly host events ranging from Summer and Christmas parties, bake offs, and lots of charity events!
Apply by completing the application form below.