Rhizome Media, Account Executive
It’s official: we’re hiring. Rhizome are looking for a talented Account Executive, or as our boss Dom says, some ‘fresh blood’ to add to the team. Ominous, I know - but trust me, a) we’re not vampires and b) we only very occasionally wear capes.
We’re a media company based in the heart of Soho, and we’re expanding rapidly. We’re looking for someone to keep up with our quick pace (and quick-wit office banter too).
Rhizome are at a really exciting time right now as we’re not only expanding, but rapidly evolving into something more than a PR company. We want someone with bags of ideas, potential and creative nouse; someone who’s only keen on proving themselves and progressing quickly, but brings direction and ambition to the metaphorical (and literal) Rhizome table.
Though small, Rhizome punches well above its weight. We’ve worked with some fantastic clients such as uSwitch, Spareroom and The AA. We basically turn small businesses into big names, and we thrive on the success of our extensive list of clients.
But what about the staff? First and foremost, working here is an absolute laugh, but we also know our stuff.
The term ‘guru’ gets thrown around a lot, but the media oracles at Rhizome are the real thing. Formerly of Fleet Street and hailing from such giddy heights as the BBC, The Sun, The Daily Express and Investors Chronicle, the brains behind Operation Rhizome know their stuff. There’s no-one better to teach you the tricks of the trade.
We also love socialising together, and our infamous ‘Thirsty Thursday’ trips out in Soho have become somewhat of a regular thing (pre-drinks included). We’re also off on a work jolly to Majorca… work hard, play hard, that’s our mantra.
But what do we want from you as a candidate?
Key Day-To-Day Tasks
- Managing/assisting with accounts
- Writing press releases
- Writing reactive comments following breaking news
- Pitching in news stories and features to national, regional and trade media
- Organising and attending journalist briefings
- Contributing to new business proposals and pitches
- Organising radio/TV interviews and briefing clients
- Speaking to case studies
- Responding quickly and efficiently to journalist requests
- Creative brainstorming
Desired Skills & Experience
- 2:1 in a relevant subject (but if it’s irrelevant, tell us why that doesn’t matter - we love a good contestor)
- Self starter with bags of initiative
- Ideas person – both creative and news aware
- Excellent client handling skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong news sense
- Team player
- Good media contacts a bonus
- Social media experience across current client campaigns a bonus
- Enthusiastic and intuitive
- Ability to work quickly and accurately to tight deadlines
You’ll also be mentored one-on-one to make sure you rapidly progress and develop in your role at Rhizome. Be prepared to be thrown in at the deep end (and still manage to keep your head above the water!)
So send over your CV and cover letter by completing the application form below, and please don’t hesitate to make us laugh. The more shocking or entertaining the better. Trust me, we’re not easily phased. Oh and recruiters - please don’t hassle us.
We’ve got this one.