Black Letter Communications, Senior Account Manager / Account Director
Role: PR consultant (Senior Account Manager/Account Director level)
Maternity cover: 1 year contract from July 2017
Days: Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday (2 days in London office and 1 day at home)
Black Letter Communications is a specialist communications consultancy dedicated to the legal services sector. Set up in 2011 the consultancy has quickly gained a reputation for offering straight-forward, personal, knowledgeable and, most importantly, practical communications advice.
Our client base is diverse and ranges from innovative law firms to marketing services providers and professional associations, for whom we devise and implement a wide-range of communications strategies.
We are a small and highly-motivated team and we are now looking for an experienced PR professional to cover maternity leave. Professional services agency experience is advantageous.
This is a hands-on role for a multi-skilled self-starter who enjoys managing their own varied work load. The role would be focused solely on servicing our largest law firm client, working across the following disciplines: clinical negligence, civil liberties, wills and probate, family law and housing.
- Generating regular content and media coverage from your own ideas
- Copywriting: press releases, articles and blogs
- Devising and implementing strategy for client accounts
- Acting as account lead and client contact
- Acting as key point of contact for journalists
- Contributing frequent copy to agency blog
Key skills and experience
- At least five years’ work experience in a relevant role. Agency experience is preferable.
- Proven experience of delivering media relations results across a wide variety of media.
- Strong copywriting, proof-reading and attention to detail. Must be used to producing technical copy to tight deadlines and at speed.
- Excellent IT skills, in particular a strong knowledge of MS Office.
- Good administrative skills and experience of client reporting.
- Experience of using media databases.
Key person specification
- Ability to assume responsibility, display initiative, act with autonomy and work unsupervised.
- Excellent time management skills to handle a busy and varied workload across a variety of client accounts and at peak times.
- Confident in dealing face-to-face or over the phone with journalists and senior clients. We’re looking for someone that is just as comfortable pitching to a legal journalist as they are to a national news desk or broadcaster. Similarly, you will have direct access to senior clients and must instill confidence in them of your abilities.
- Strong academic background and the ability to grasp intellectually challenging subject matter. You will be required to write on technical subject matters and so must be able to assimilate and interpret technical information.
Apply by completing the application form below.
Apply for Black Letter Communications, Senior Account Manager / Account Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly