Euronews, Digital Journalist - English Language (Lyon)
The Digital Journalist produces content for use across Euronews digital platforms – apps, website, and social media.
S/he will need to see through the whole process from identifying stories; to choosing the best media to tell them; creating the content; publishing and distributing.
Euronews’ mission is to inform the widest possible audience, which involves clearly and accurately explaining international news and events and using formats and story selection to attract and retain readers and viewers.
To capitalize on its multilingualism, Euronews shares stories across its language teams, adapting video and text stories to be appropriate for different audiences.
The role will work towards team-based performance targets.
- Produces and publishes web content (video, text, photos, infographics, etc.) aligned with Euronews’ positioning and values
- Monitors the impact of published content using audience data
- Shares his/her content with the other language services
- Drives engagement with users on social media
Education level required: 4 years’ higher education – journalism qualification or equivalent.
- Professional experience required: 3 years in digital
- Languages: language of service and fluent English
- Extensive general knowledge enabling him/her to cover diverse stories
- Proficient writer/creator of news products (structure and tone)
- Good teamwork and inter-personal skills
- Fast, precise writer
- Manages stress well
- Strong digital culture and fluent user of technology
Euronews prides itself on its objective, fact-based coverage of current affairs in Europe and beyond and its digital journalists are tasked with using new and existing formats to deliver information ranging from breaking news through explainers, interviews and features.
A multi-media skill-set including the ability to create and publish video, infographics, photo and text stories is a requirement. Multi-linguism is an advantage.
The successful candidates will be dedicated follower of international news, full of ideas and able to work well independently or as part of a team.
He will use data-guided judgements and a broad range of sources to find sources. He will be equally comfortable proactively producing ideas or reactively responding to commissions from an editor. The Web Journalist is fully responsible for the quality and accuracy of the news delivered.
He will have at least three years' experience working on a well-established digital publisher and can demonstrate great editorial judgement and creativity as well as technical skills. Familiarity with the main social media networks is essential.
The jobs will be integrated into a rota which includes some early, late and weekend shifts.
If you meet these criteria and the position interests you, send us your CV by completing the application form below, we will not fail to contact you.