Euronews, Digital News Editor - English Language (Lyon)
The Digital News Editor is in charge, during his/her shift, of editing content and publishing it on the various channels of the digital platform.
S/he leads and oversees a team of multimedia journalists.
- Selects the stories to be covered in the day’s editions
- Steers production of packages or multimedia content, which is delegated to multimedia journalists
- Ensures that content is aligned with Euronews’ values and brand position, across the digital platform
- Shares his content with the various language services
- Ensures operational performance via audience and impact metrics.
- Personally produces multimedia content, like the multimedia journalists
Education level required: 4 years’ higher education – journalism qualification or equivalent.
- Professional experience required: 10 years in the digital and news sector
- Extensive general knowledge enabling him to cover diverse stories
- Proficient writer of news content (structure and tone)
- Good teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Manages stress well
- Strong digital culture, fluent user of technology including publishing and analytics tools
REQUIRED SKILLS / PROFILE:
Euronews prides itself on its objective, fact-based coverage of current affairs in Europe and beyond and its digital editors are responsible for managing a team of journalists to produce multi-media news stories from Europe and beyond.
The role will involve managing content on euronews' websites, apps and social media channels; commissioning text and video stories; and collaborating with colleagues from different language services, TV teams and external partners.
It will report to the editor in chief, digital platforms.
Creativity, accuracy, a passion for international news, and management skills are the key qualities required. A strong understanding of publishing and analytics technologies is essential as is knowledge of social media as an input and output resource.
Candidates should be hands on, engaged and prepared to meet challenging targets.
At least eight years' experience working on a well-established digital publisher, including managing a team is required and candidates will be expected to demonstrate successes in attracting new audiences. Multi-linguism is an advantage.
The jobs will be integrated into a rota which includes some early, late and weekend shifts.
Click 'Apply' now.