Route One Publishing, News Reporter
We are looking for a news reporter to join a very friendly, and a very busy international B2B publishing group based in Kent.
This is the perfect opportunity for a candidate with an understanding of how business reporting works and a real feel for news. Your content will be published on our international B2B websites and in our suite of global business magazines.
If appointed, you will be expected to:
- Produce daily breaking news for online publication ensuring that the content meets needs and interests of our readers
- Contribute to editorial meetings
- Research story leads
- Contribute copy, including features, to our international business websites and hard-copy magazines
- Establish a network of contacts to source news stories
- Commission and conduct interviews for our video channel ConstructionTV.tv
- Support and develop our social media strategy
- Fact-check and proof-read content
- Write attention-grabbing headlines and stand-firsts
- Attend key events and keep up-to-date with market trends
- Travel to overseas meetings, conferences, exhibitions and events on a regular basis
- Liaise with freelancers based all around the world
- Have good proof-reading skills and an eye for detail
The key skills that we are looking for include:
- A positive and open approach
- Good team skills
- Experience in a reporting role for online publication with daily deadlines
- An understanding of B2B publishing
- Experience sub-editing, proof-reading and writing headlines with a keen eye for detail
- Solid communication and relationship building skills with the ability to network and develop book of contacts at top levels
- Good all-round journalistic skills with an investigative, news-hungry approach
- Good software skills including a working knowledge of MS Office
- The ability to use different content management systems
- Understanding of social media and SEO
- An NCTJ (or equivalent) qualification
If you have just completed an NCTJ (or equivalent) training scheme and you are looking for a first job, don't be put off by this list. We will consider any candidate, no matter how much or how how little hands-on experience they have, provided they have the energy, drive and enthusiasm to make a success of this job.
Terms and conditions:
- 4 weeks’ holiday rising to 5 weeks
- Private medical insurance
- Free travel insurance
This is not a restrictive job description and further duties may be agreed as the needs of the company change.
Please apply immediately to our office manager, Kelly Thompson, by completing the application form below with your CV and a covering letter.
No Agencies please.
Route One Publishing Ltd is based in Dartford, Kent, and its hard copy and digital products serve the business information needs of the construction, ITS and aggregates industries.
We are proud to be editorially independent and our award-winning editors are recognised experts whose writing is widely trusted. They are regularly invited to partner with leading industry conferences. Magazines and websites in the group include World Highways, ITS International, Aggregates Business and Aggregate Research.com.
Apply for Route One Publishing, News Reporter
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly