Women's Health, Assistant Social Media Editor
Do you know what makes an Instagrammer swipe up? Understand the power of Facebook for brands?
Women’s Health is seeking a full-time Assistant Social Media Editor to execute the brand’s social media strategy.
This job requires meticulous planning to hit long term goals, along with being tapped into the health industry to fit content to real time. As such, a genuine interest in the Women's Health brand DNA are a must.
The goal of this position is to grow existing communities and engagement, and increase social referral traffic to Womenshealthmag.co.uk. This role sits within the Digital Team but works with Editorial, Audience Development, Commercial and Marketing teams to support key business objectives.
- Execute, alongside the Digital Editor, the social media strategy for Women’s Health
- Optimise print and digital content for social platforms in line with brand guidelines and best practices.
- Manage scheduling and real-time maintenance/monitoring of various social media channels, including editorial and sponsored content.
- Manage the community conversation and respond accordingly.
- Develop engaging copy and visuals for social media platforms.
- Represent WH at events and report from them using social media platforms.
- Execute Facebook Live video strategy.
- Track, analyse and report on Social Media on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Report on social influencers on a monthly basis.
- Contribute to the daily / weekly editorial calendar with socially led news features.
There are no direct reports with this role, however the candidate will from time to time project manage external freelancers working on creative projects.
- Experience working in a Social Media role is desirable.
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or equivalent preferred
- Solid understanding of and actively engaged in using social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.)
- Organised and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively
- Experience in digital media, preferably in a similar role
- Strong visual and creative flair
- Adept at Photoshop and basic video editing
- Versed in social media analytics
- An understanding of editorial standards and good judgement of news stories
Click 'Apply' now.