The National, Assistant National Editor (Abu Dhabi)
THE NATIONAL IS HIRING
We are seeking experienced journalists who are interested in being part of a multi-cultural team of journalists from all over the English-speaking world. We are looking for creative, hardworking individuals with a love of journalism and a keen eye for detail.
The National is a web-first newsroom requiring all our reporters and editors work at a fast pace and contribute to our digital efforts.
The United Arab Emirates is an exciting place to be as the country undergoes rapid growth. From the Louvre Abu Dhabi that is on the cusp of opening, to the UAE's ambitious space program, this small nation is making history and The National is committed to telling these stories.
The National is printed daily as a full-colour broadsheet.
To learn more about us you can view The National as it appears in print by subscribing (for free) to our e-paper online at: thenational.newspaperdirect.com/epaper/viewer.aspx
Visit our website at: thenational.ae
In addition to a tax-free salary, The National offers an annual flight to your home country, health insurance and 22 vacation days “working days” annually.
We are looking for an Assistant National Editor.
The Assistant National Editor helps run the National’s output of UAE news across all platforms, and helps manage team of reporters to produce exclusive stories, eyecatching features, penetrative analysis.
- Helps to lead team responsible for UAE news on all platforms
- Checks wires, other news sources, press releases and reporter’s own stories to draw up news lists for editorial conferences.
- Commissions or organises commissioning of reporters and other correspondents
- Desks copy to render it fit for publication on all platforms (sending it back to the reporter for rewriting ideally).
- Creates content using digital storytelling tools and techniques to build packages ready for publication online.
- Uploads content online. Checks/ensures articles are filled with tags, keywords, SEO-friendly headlines, related links, photos, videos and GPS coordinates.
- Ensures copy deadlines are met.
- Coordinates forward planning of UAE news list.
- Covers for the National Editor and Deputy National Editor when they are absent.
- Upholds and respects the social, cultural and moral standards of life in the UAE as well as the political and strategic and national direction. Avoids circumstances in which the brand could be brought into disrepute and respects the custodianship of IMI and its constituents.
Apply by completing the application form below.
Apply for The National, Assistant National Editor (Abu Dhabi)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly