Men's Health, Deputy Style Editor
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To write engaging, inspiring, entertaining and useful style copy, which reinforces the MH’s position as the authorative voice in men’s style.
Your copy will be well informed, persuasive and packed with actionable tips to improve the sartorial life of the Men’s Health reader. You will collate and translate trends and incisive advice from the industry’s most knowledgeable style experts for the Men’s Health style, watch and grooming pages.
You will represent the MH brand professionally and with confidence communicating the Men’s Health style philosophy at industry events, launches and shows, supporting the commercial team wherever necessary.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To write, commission and edit the men’s style, grooming and watch copy/features for Men’s Health and the Urban Active and Synchronised supplements in the house style with expert backed tips, ensuring all copy is factually correct, legally compliant and accurate at time of going to press by reading all proofs and final proofs to ensure accuracy and that any requested changes are completed.
- To write clear, concise briefs outlining all commissions and to ensure all contributors source reputable experts to give tip-heavy and actionable advice in every feature, adhering to word counts and budgets.
- To liaise with the art team on all layouts ensuring copy formats and layout design tally and copy is written in the formats planned with editor.
- To recruit and commission new writing talent for the magazine and to foster good working relationships with our existing band of contributors and manage all writer deadlines effectively, keeping the Style and Work Flow Director up-dated regularly.
- To collate feature and story ideas for upcoming issues in collaboration with Style Director and Style Assistant in advance of TOC meetings and to contribute editorial ideas at the daily digital meeting.
- To work with the commercial and creative solutions teams on brand partnership projects across the style, men’s grooming and watches categories and to build pr and brand relationships with key media contacts by attending fashion launches, trips and events on behalf of Men’s Health, ensuring all key advertiser events are attended, supporting the commercial team where necessary.
- Assist the Style Director and Style Assistant with planning and managing fashion week and trade show schedules.
- To write brilliant style, grooming and watches articles for menshealth.co.uk when required.
SCOPE OF THE ROLE:
You will work within the three-person Men’s Health style team, reporting to the Style Director and be responsible for managing editorial workflow and ensure all editorial deadlines are met.
To maintain and build commercial relationships with clients in the style, watches and men’s grooming sectors. You will be expected to work closely with the digital and wider editorial teams.
- Planning, writing and commissioning all style copy for Men’s Health, Urban Active and Synchronised.
- Helping to grow editorial and commercial relationships across men’s style, grooming and watches.
- Managing your own time and workload in order to write the must-know editorial, hit deadlines and attend the must-go events every day.
- Keeping the Style Director and Work Flow Director up-to-date on copy flow and reporting any issues/delays in advance of deadlines and ensuring any issues are effectively resolved.
- Talented, knowledgeable and entertaining writer and confident interviewer with their finger on the pulse of fashion and pop-culture.
- Huge contacts book within the men’s style industry.
- Extremely organised, experienced in managing deadlines with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Expertise on men’s style, grooming and watches, including latest trends, and deep knowledge of the key brands.
- At least three years experience working in the men’s style sector in an editorial capacity
- A bulging portfolio of beautifully written men’s style, grooming and watches articles.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a calm and co-operative demeanour.
- An unwavering eye for detail and obsessive commitment to accuracy.
- Outgoing and friendly demeanour with the ability to make conversation with clients and pr contacts at any level and effectively communicate the Men’s Health philosophy.
- The energy and enthusiasm required to attend fashion launches, dinners, and after-parties.
Click 'Apply' now.