TES Editorial, Jobs Content Manager
Who We Are
TES is home to the world’s biggest single-profession online network of 8 million teachers. Our mission is to enable great teaching by helping educators find the best jobs, and providing all the tools and technology they need to excel.
TES Global is market leader for education hiring solutions, with 95,000 teaching jobs advertised on its platforms in the past 12 months. 82% of all jobs are filled within the first four weeks.
The family comprises TES Jobs, Blendspace, WikiSpaces, as well as our crowdsourced lesson plan platform – TES resources providing access to more than 800,000 individually crafted resources downloaded over 1 million times a day – developed by teachers, for teachers. It is also the proud home of the THE, The University World Rankings, TES Institute and TES Magazine.
For more information, visit www.tesglobal.com.
Basic Scope & Primary Objectives
To provide high-quality content – written, video and audio – to support the jobs business.
The role reports into the TES commissioning editor and is based in the TES offices in central London.
6 month contract with possibility to go permanent.
- Research and write SEO-optimised content to accompany and support jobs advertising
- Come up with ideas and suggestions for content
- Edit all content to a high standard and maintain a consistent TES style in accordance with editorial guidelines
- Keep all jobs-related content up to date
- Work with marketing team on social media
- Recommend types of content (from UGC to editorial) that will drive the best organic traffic
- Work with our SEO agency to deliver the content strategy
- A senior journalist with several years’ experience writing and editing
- Experience of working in a digital-only environment
- Experience of using, monitoring and measuring social media traffic as well as web analytics
- Demonstrable experience of driving growth in SEO traffic through content
Required Skills, Knowledge, Competencies & Experience
- Ability to write clearly and accurately to tight deadlines
- Editing and commissioning experience
- Excellent knowledge of SEO
- Good knowledge of web analytics tools
- Proficient in using all forms of social media
- Proactive self-starter with the energy required to work in a fast-paced organization
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Excellent spelling and grammatical skills
How To Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity please complete the application form below with your CV, salary expectations and a covering note explaining why your skills and experience match what we are looking for.
For more information about TES please look our website at www.tesglobal.com.
The closing date for applications is 5 June 2017.