TES Editorial, Content & Projects Manager - Maternity Cover
Fixed term 6 – 12 months (Maternity Cover)
The world’s best education magazine and news website is looking for a special projects journalist to join our enthusiastic editorial team, working in an exciting, fast-paced environment across a variety of platforms.
You’ll play an integral part in all our journalism, including working on our two magazine editions, popular breaking-news and views website and evolving digital editions.
This is a full-time, for an experienced journalist, with a diverse skill set, requiring some flexibility and a willingness to work outside of the traditional 9-5.
The successful applicant is likely to be accomplished in commissioning and editing. This is initially a 6 month fixed term maternity cover contract role.
What you’ll do
Key responsibilities include:
- Project managing sponsored content projects: liaising with the commercial team, developers and the client. Advise on potential hub or article themes, commission, edit, optimise and upload content and ensure social media plans are in place and all deadlines are met.
- Manage internal hubs (exams hubs, revision hub and new teachers): Ensuring a consistent tone and voice across all areas, commissioning writers and editing content and web pages. Track SEO performance on all pages and amend content accordingly.
- Collate editorial newsletters: the weekly register, the Ledger and the international newsletter.
- Deputise for the head of content: especially running comment pages and online opinion articles in his absence
- Co-manage the Subject Genius blog series: Help recruit new contributors, set them up on the system and instruct them on the process of uploading. Proof-read blogs, optimise, upload and schedule blogs in the series and source relevant images for use. Liaise with colleagues to promote blogs on social media.
- Edit, optimise and upload content, any ad hoc tasks.
Who you are
- Previous experience as a journalist in national or trade press
- Excellent grasp of the English language, including the ability to write clearly and engagingly.
- A thorough understanding of media law.
- Experience editing and commissioning online and off-.
- Excellent organisation and time-management skills to successfully juggle tasks and meet deadlines across multiple platforms.
- A keen eye for detail.
- The ability to research and fact-check copy and summarise complex issues.
- A mature, calm approach to decision-making.
Desirable knowledge and experience
- An understanding of the educational landscape.
- Experience on comment and opinion desk on a newspaper
- Experience of using social media channels and content management systems.
- Experience working on editorial SEO
How to apply
Please completing the application form below with a copy of your CV as a .doc or pdf. In your email, please introduce yourself and, importantly, don’t just tell us why you want a job like this, tell us why you want to work with us specifically and don’t forget to include your salary expectations.
Tes Global has been supporting educators worldwide for over 100 years.
Tes Global is a fast-growing and digital education company committed to supporting teaching and learning. Our mission is simply to help teachers, schools and universities succeed.
We are home to Tes and the world’s largest online community of teachers, with over 8 million registered users, and the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
About Tes for teachers
Tes is dedicated to supporting the world’s teachers. Our mission is to enable great teaching by helping educators find the tools and technology they need to excel, supporting them throughout their career and professional development.
We’re home to the world’s largest online community of teachers with over 8 million registered users and this network is one of the fastest growing of any profession globally, helping support, guide and inspire educators around the world.
Tes Global’s rich heritage includes the Tes, Times Higher Education (THE) and TES Scotland magazines, which are invaluable reads for all educators. Tes Global has become the leading media provider to the UK education profession. It also publishes the annual Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
These are just a few facets of what Tes Global does. For more information on Tes Global, please visit www.tesglobal.com/what-we-do.