Telegraph Media Group, Snapchat Senior Content Editor
1 day left
- Full Time
The Snapchat Senior Content Editor will create content for, and sometimes manage, our daily Snapchat edition, taking the Telegraph to a new, younger audience with innovative ways of telling stories.
- Work with the Snapchat Editor to help drive the strategy for how the Telegraph should present its journalism on this new platform.
- Write sparkling copy for top snaps and long-forms, adapting pre-existing content for a Snapchat audience where appropriate.
- Edit pictures and videos so that they are optimised for Snapchat.
- Work in line with the Telegraph’s high publishing standards.
- Attend daily Snapchat conference to help generate ideas, ensure the edition hits the right news agenda and flatplan the day’s snaps.
- Work with the team of Snapchat motion designers on innovative, visual storytelling techniques.
- On occasion, step in for the Snapchat Editor to lead the delivery of the day’s edition.
Specific requirements / skills
- An innate understanding of the Snapchat platform and social media in general.
- A multimedia journalist, you will have a thorough knowledge of different digital storytelling methods and of what makes a good story for Snapchat and other social media.
- A grasp of current affairs, the Telegraph’s editorial voice and how it should be adapted for Snapchat.
- A sense of fun, an eye for design and the ability to come up with innovative ideas.
- Ability to write brilliant, accurate, witty copy - quickly.
- Understanding of and ability to use analytics to inform decision making.
- Experience of working to tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of Photoshop and how to edit pictures to optimise their value.
- Knowledge of animation and after effects programmes would be welcome.
Click 'Apply' now.