Pensions Expert, Reporter
Pensions Expert, a leading specialist title owned by the Financial Times, is seeking a reporter for its team.
The successful candidate will be a strong self-starter who is new to journalism or someone who is looking to develop their career at a major news organisation.
Pensions Expert is a digital-first news and information service for UK pension scheme management teams and trustees that provides them with content to inform key day-to-day decisions in their quest to provide best outcomes for their members. It publishes daily online and weekly in print and on tablet.
The successful candidate will write news analysis and case studies on the investments, administration and regulation of UK pension funds, as well as producing in-depth features, conducting video interviews and moderating panel discussions with industry experts.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Producing three to four original stories each week as well as video reports and feature articles
- Working in accordance with our editorial guidelines and gathering stories in line with our editorial standards
- Building contacts with pension scheme management teams and industry figures, and representing Pensions Expert at events
- Relevant journalism qualification or experience
- Excellent news writing and ability to source exclusive stories
- Ability to work well within a team
- Ability to gather and generate exciting and relevant ideas
- Knowledge of pensions and investment
- Writing for online products
- Conversant with social media (mainly Twitter)
- Data journalism and knowledge of Microsoft Excel or Google Docs
- Shorthand (preferably at 100 words per minute)
- Video presentation
Click 'Apply' and please send your cover letter, CV and three articles.
The Financial Publishing division of the Financial Times specialises in producing news and information covering various sectors of the global financial services industry through a range of print and digital products.
The Financial Times Ltd. is a Nikkei company.