Engerati.com, Technical Journalist
Engerati is a B2B network for the smart energy industry. Our community comprises over 30,000 members with around 600 new members joining each month.
The core of our readership are energy companies alongside energy associations, consultants and technology providers from across the transmission and distribution value chain.
We also cover renewable energy from grid scale to rooftop and vehicle to grid.
Why join Engerati?
Engerati supplies content through the following channels - news, features, digital magazines, webinars and video interviews.
The content team is small but with big ideas so this is an exciting time for a technical writer to join.
We’re looking for an ambitious and proactive junior journalist who writes tight, compelling online copy, can get under the skin of new energy-related technologies and explain them to our readership, and has the ability to make industry contacts.
Engerati is at an exciting stage having received investment to break away from its parent company and be run as a start-up. There is scope in this role to be proactive and try new content ideas.
What will I be doing?
- Writing daily news stories and regular feature length articles
- Reporting on technical webinars
- Generating ideas for ‘how to’ guides and in-depth reports
- Conducting telephone and face-to-face interviews
- Moderation of Q&A sessions as part of webinars
What skills and experience do I need?
- 2-3 years’ journalism experience
- Fast and accurate news writing skills
- Good understanding of how to filter stories and write for specified audience
- Technical aptitude and ability to explain complex technology
- Experience of using CMS and optimising content for search engines
- Ability to work in small team as well as independently
- Effective use of social media to market your stories
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of smart energy sector
- Technical degree such as electrical engineering
- Experience of video interviewing and doing pieces to camera
- NCTJ or other accredited journalism qualification.
Please email Head of Commercial Content Rose Bundock by completing the application form below with a CV and a covering letter explaining why your skills and experience match this job opportunity further.