House & Garden, Online Features & Social Media Editor
House & Garden is looking for a dynamic Online Features & Social Media Editor to work on the magazine’s online team.
The ideal candidate must have the ability to effortlessly come up with brilliant, on-brand feature ideas for the site’s interiors, food, travel and recipe sections.
A passion for and knowledge of social media and data analytics is imperative, as is the ability to come up with new and innovative ways to increase the site’s readership, assisting the website’s editor to execute a data and socially driven audience growth strategy.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Writing visually engaging and high trafficking feature ideas over a variety of stylistic formats - from interior design slide-show galleries, to long and short form stories over all the site’s sections, in the House & Garden online editorial voice.
- Responsible for daily updates of the homepage, and SEO maintenance for the website’s current high trafficking features.
- Repurposing the magazine’s print content for web with on-point SEO.
- Own and lead regular analysis of House & Garden online articles, feeding back to the editor with suggestions for optimizing existing content and future output.
- Management of the House & Garden social media channels – an awareness of the differing audiences over each and the tone and visual approach required. The ability to innovate using social media.
- Assistance with strategy creation and execution of data-driven growth tactics to increase readership and engagement on a 24/7 schedule of content.
- Act as the team's eyes and ears on social, SEO and all analytics platforms, alerting the team to breaking events, trending topics and feeding into the editorial workflow to maximise traffic.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- A proven interest and knowledge of design, interiors, art and culture, food, travel and gardening. With a strong visual sense and a knowledge of the House & Garden brand and style.
- Brilliant written and verbal communication skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Mastery of social media channels and platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
- Proven experience using and acting on data collected from key analytics tools: Google Analytics, Twitter Analytics, Facebook Insights and others.
- Absolutely must have a strong work ethic and inquisitive approach to everything, with an insatiable desire to be part of a growing and creative digital company.
- Experience with content management systems
Click 'Apply' now.