UBM, News Editor - Building
UBM is looking for a talented individual to join the Building team as the News Editor.
The news editor manages the news output for Building, the respected B2B title for the construction industry and built environment, including rolling news on Building.co.uk, daily digital newsletters and the weekly print edition. You will lead a team of reporters in breaking off-diary industry exclusives and setting the agenda for news and analysis in the sector.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan and deliver Building’s daily rolling news coverage online, including daily and breaking news alerts, and weekly news section in print, working with a team of news journalists
- Manage Building’s news desk to break impactful, off-diary, exclusive news stories in construction, housing, architecture and other areas of built environment business and policy
- Research, write and break high-impact news stories and analysis
- Edit the copy of the reporter and finance correspondent prior to publication
- Under the direction of the editor, ensure Building’s news coverage is timely, relevant and reflects the issues of most importance to the sector
- Increase the impact of Building’s news coverage online and in print through commissioning timely analysis to accompany major stories
- Develop and maintain a strong network of senior contacts in the construction industry and built environment
- Use web analytics and industry knowledge to inform story selection
- Upload content into CMS
- Maximise the impact of Building’s news coverage through social media promotion
- Proactively identify and manage libel risk in articles pre-publication, working closely with the editor
- Manage workload and resource across the newsdesk of Building and its sister publication BD
- Attend relevant networking events, including evening events
- Chair panel discussions and webinars on news-led topics as required.
- Experience as a news journalist
- Proven track record in breaking impactful, off-diary stories
- Strong writing and editing skills
Why work for us?
Because UBM works for you. As an employee of UBM you will have access to a positive company culture, flexible working hours, travel season loans, cycle2work programmes, child care and eye care vouchers, volunteer days, money purchased pensions and a commitment from us that we will invest in developing your talent
We are an equal opportunities employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture. We actively welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates from minority ethnic backgrounds and LGBT communities as they are currently underrepresented at application stage.
Find out more about who we are
Learn more about what we do
Complete the application form below to make your application.
Apply for UBM, News Editor - Building
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly