BIMA, PR & Communications Manager
- Full Time
BIMA is one of the fastest growing and most innovative companies in emerging markets and as we continue to rapidly grow we are seeking a PR & Communications Manager to match our global success.
BIMA uses disruptive mobile technology to bring insurance and vital health services to consumers at the bottom of the pyramid. We already have thriving operations across Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean, with 24 million subscribers registered to date.
We continue to show a strong growth trajectory, adding over 500,000 new customers per month. We have been featured in CNBC, The Economist, Wired, Financial Times, The Guardian and we have won several awards.
Our communication strategy needs to grow which is where you come into the picture. As the PR & Communications Manager your remit will include:
- Setting our communications strategy, messaging, story, tone of voice and approach based on a thorough understanding of BIMA’s business.
- Creating the messaging and accompanying media to determine how BIMA should be perceived by partners, media / journalists, end-customers and employees from a public relations and communications perspective.
- Devising and managing the communications and messaging strategy for BIMA’s financial releases including fundraisings, investment events, publication of annual results, and industry analyst programs.
- Working alongside marketing function to input into overall in-market marketing plan with in-market/regional PR initiatives (e.g. claims stories etc.).
- Managing strategic projects related to communications across global functions e.g. Code of Conduct, Values, other HR related, Legal, Governance, Risk & Compliance projects.
Key to this role will be your match to our culture - high energy and flexibility, great personal communication skills (both written and verbal) and huge amounts of drive.
A history of quickly gaining credibility with key stakeholders in a global business (most likely telecoms or financial services across emerging markets) is needed.
Overall, you must be attuned to value the details as well as be able to understand the big picture and prioritise accordingly. The ability to manage ambiguity and think analytically and quickly in a fast-paced environment is essential.
Please send a CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is Friday 21 July 2017.
Apply for BIMA, PR & Communications Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly