Camelot, Communications Manager
7 days left
- Full Time
- Camelot changes lives. Just ask the National Lottery winners, good causes we work with or any of our staff.
- We currently turnover almost £7billion per year. It may surprise you to know that we do this with a workforce of only c.800 people. This means that every one of us has a part to play and makes a difference.
- We give over £30million every week to good causes
- Camelot operates Europe’s largest online lottery in terms of sales. With over 9.5 million registered players, national-lottery.co.uk is one of the top e-commerce sites in the UK.
How you'll make a difference
You will play a vital role in our Media Relations team in helping protect and enhance the reputation of Camelot and The National Lottery amongst the media & key stakeholders, whilst ensuring we maximise positive opportunities and address any negative coverage, commenting on Camelot, and where appropriate, The National Lottery.
What you'll bring to the table
- Experience of implementing PR programmes and strategies in trade, national and international press and broadcast media.
- Familiarity of developing day-to-day corporate activity in relation to the business, marketing, sales and retail press.
- Knowledge of managing specific day-to-day media liaison.
- Experience of working on specific projects, bids and activities.
- Experience of managing potentially negative media enquiries and issues, and an understanding of crisis management - to include the ability to identify media and corporate risks. Ability to produce responses to issues as appropriate and brief relevant media.
- Ability to work with immediate team and other stakeholders to develop and deliver consistency of message, as well as brief and disseminate business-critical information internally.
What we'll give you
How about a day a month dedicated to your personal development? That's right, we'll give you 12 dedicated days to help you grow with us! We're also offering a competitive bonus and benefits scheme, 26 days of holiday goodness and a rather generous pension scheme (for those planning a better tomorrow!).
Click 'Apply' now.