EIB, (Junior) Publishing Officer - Marketing, Licensing and Distribution (Luxembourg)
- Full Time
The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Secretariat General (SG) - Communication Department (COM) - Editorial, Publishing and Production Division (EPP), at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
(Junior) Publishing Officer (Marketing, Licensing and Distribution)
This is a full time position at grade 4/5
The term of this contract will be 4 years
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
The Communication Department ensures the Bank’s activities are known and valued by its stakeholders and the general public. It interacts with external and internal audiences and ensures the EIB Group engages with them in an open and accountable way.
The Editorial, Publishing and Production division is the content powerhouse of the Department. Its mission is to develop informative, engaging, and attractive content to support the Bank’s interaction with the public at large across all communication channels.
The Division plans to develop a new and diverse range of high quality, mostly long-form publications to enhance EIB Group’s profile as a thought-leader and standard-setter in European and global economic and financial policy debates. These may be priced or free publications.
This position will be responsible for marketing, distributing and licensing the new publications, as well as existing content as appropriate, for the purpose to maximize exposure and influencing global policy debates.
The Publishing Officer reports to the Head of the Editorial, Publishing and Production Division, which is part of the Communications Department. S/he is expected to develop relations with commercial and non-commercial distributors, aggregators, licensees, and other key partners in the publishing industry, as well as with his/her peers in publishing departments in other EU institutions, IFI and non-profits.
Under the overall guidance of the Division Head, develop and implement a marketing, distribution, and licensing strategy for the EIB.
Strategy and activities will include:
- Marketing: audience identification, email list creation and email campaigns, social media, publicity and EIB site promotion
- Distribution: identification, establishment and management of business relations with distribution channels (commercial and non-commercial; e.g., Amazon and other e-retailers; Google Scholar)
- Licensing: identification, establishment and management of business relation with key licensees for scholarly and professional content (e.g., content aggregators such as Proquest, EBSCO, Reuters, HIS)
- Ensure that the back office infrastructure (metadata creation and management, digital asset distribution) is in place and adequate to support the implementation of the marketing, distribution, and licensing strategy
- As part of the Communication Department, contribute to the development and implementation of the EIB Group’s overall communication strategy
- Contribute to special projects/working groups, as appropriate
- University degree preferably in a field related to, marketing, communication, economics, international relations or similar business related field
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in the publishing industry, of which at least 3 in a marketing, licensing or distribution role, preferably in a scholarly or professional setting
- In depth knowledge of the publishing ecosystem, key actors, processes and best practices; familiarity with communication tools, direct and B2B marketing through traditional and new media, and brand positioning
- Good knowledge of the EU institutional and political framework and understanding of the Bank’s objectives, policies, procedures and organization
- Experience in project management and a good understanding of license agreements.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French (*), with a good knowledge of the other. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage.
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals
- Change Orientation: adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes
- Collaboration: works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns
- Organisational Commitment: is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
For more information and to apply, please click 'Apply' now.
Deadline for applications: 24 July 2017.
We believe that Diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff and candidates; irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability