TheBusinessDesk.com, Business Editor (Yorkshire)
- Full Time
TheBusinessDesk.com is looking to strengthen its editorial team and is currently seeking an experienced journalist to become its Yorkshire business editor.
TheBusinessDesk.com was founded in Yorkshire 10 years ago and now operates four regions across the North and Midlands.
Our journalists enjoy fantastic access to the region’s senior business and political leaders and the freedom to make the most of their roles. Applicants are expected to be comfortable working at a fast pace, generating their own ideas and be able to deliver quality news.
The role is based in our Leeds office, but some remote working would be considered.
- An individual who has experience of leading a small editorial team or is ready to step up
- Experience as a business journalist will be beneficial but not essential.
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate sound judgement, ensure news is accurate and engaging, and maintain a consistently high standard across the team.
- The role involves working with our commercial team to shape events and projects that are timely and interesting, and commercially attractive.
- The editor will be comfortable chairing round table and panel discussions that they have brought together. They will also be the face of the business in the region, responsible for maintaining key relationships across sectors.
Potential applicants who feel they may lack the experience but have the ambition to develop into the role are also encouraged to apply.
Closing date for applications is Friday, 21 July.
Please submit a CV, covering letter and some examples of your work by completing the application form below.
Apply for TheBusinessDesk.com, Business Editor (Yorkshire)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly