Rhizome Media, Account Manager
Based in Oxford Circus, Rhizome Media is a small but seriously big-hitting agency that champions small and medium-sized businesses through PR, content, social media and marketing.
Considering our size, we work with some really cool and going-places brands, often VC-backed and with highly disruptive business models.
We work across a huge variety of sectors including financial services, property, insurance, technology, health and motoring so you’ll have to be a quick learner.
It goes without saying that you can interact with other human beings, are confident and articulate, possess a sound grasp of current affairs and are a brilliant writer.
Ideally you'll have a warped sense of humour and just a little bit of panache, too.
We're not looking for 'staff' but entrepreneurial PRs with the ambition and drive to help grow our business, become a partner and earn way more than they ever could in a bog-standard agency. Oh - and have a heap of fun along the way.
The Day Job
- Driving accounts forward with personality and managing clients
- Pitching in news stories and features, and press release to national, regional and trade media
- Reacting to breaking news stories with quick client comment
- Organising and attending trade and national journalist briefings
- Helping put together new business proposals
- Organising radio/TV interviews and briefing clients
- Responding quickly and efficiently to journalist requests
- Training and overseeing the work of junior members of the team
Skills & Experience
- Self starter with bags of initiative
- Ideas person – both creative and news aware
- Excellent client handling skills - warm and personable, not corporate
- You'll write like a modern-day Proust
- Strong news sense
- Entrepreneurial is very good (we like that)
- Good media contacts in the following sectors a bonus: SME, business, enterprise, financial services, technology, property, motoring
- Ability to work quickly and accurately to tight deadlines
Why would I want to work for you?
We do things differently, punch way above our weight and have big plans; you’ll get to work alongside some of the best media brains in the industry.
We also offer a company pension, a death in service policy (morbid, I know), 25 days’ annual leave, and generous ad hoc bonuses for great results. And in the summer, we finish at 3.30pm on a Friday so everyone can enjoy the sunshine.
One last thing - if you're dead good, you’ll be invited to become a partner of Rhizome Media LLP. Partners benefit from a quarterly profits share, as well as all sorts of perks ‘unlocked’ by length of service, such as a monthly travel allowance, flexible working, private healthcare and more. Our partners also have a big say in how we run the business. So you'll not just be a cog in a vast and faceless machine.
Where do I sign up?
Send an email spelling out why there’s a 'you-shaped' hole in our business by completing the application form below. Try and make it funny as well as informative because most application emails bore the life out of me.
**Note to recruiters: we think you’re ace, but please note that we will not require your assistance to fill this position, so there’s no need to call us**
Apply for Rhizome Media, Account Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly