Virgin Media, Senior Communications Manager - VMB & Corporate
This is a unique opportunity to lead on a range of external communications at one of the most dynamic companies in the digital economy.
If you join us as a Senior Communications Manager you will have the opportunity to develop and deliver a communications strategy for Virgin Media Business (VMB) whilst also overseeing media relations and stakeholder activity to support wide ranging Corporate issues and opportunities.
The role will have a core focus on media relations and industry analyst engagement, and as a result duties will be wide ranging.
Ultimately, you will be responsible for:
- Implementing an effective strategy for relationship building with target media, with a particular focus on national telecoms and enterprise journalists.
- Committing to being a highly responsive press spokesman for media enquiries on VMB and for wider Virgin Media matters.
- Advising members of the External Communications team on best practice in managing the media.
- Helping develop a strategy for targeting, engaging with and influencing industry analysts around specific announcements and issues, whilst developing good relationships with target influential analysts, particularly those covering B2B and enterprise.
- Driving news analysis by identifying, analysing and distributing significant news developments that are relevant to Virgin Media and the sector.
- Devising, managing and executing integrated PR campaigns and plans that support the commercial objectives of the business.
- Managing agency support to maximise PR opportunities and drive value for money.
- Identifying issues that have the potential to cause the business reputational damage and, where necessary, leading in project managing them on strategic and tactical levels.
- Working closely with both Corporate Affairs and Regulatory Affairs teams in delivering communications around public policy.
- Engaging a range of internal senior stakeholders to maximise opportunities to deliver the media relations strategy.
- Drafting material including press releases, briefing notes, statements, blogs and material for social media.
Everyone within our Communications Team holds a strong delivery focus, collaborative approach, and the ability to think critically to set priorities.
If you join us as a Senior Communications Manager we will need you to have:
- Significant and relevant media relations/PR experience, from either an agency or in-house background.
- The ability to think broadly about communications strategy, including digital channels.
- A sound understanding of the TMT (Technology Media Telecom) sector.
- Extensive experience dealing with the national press (including trade press/online press/broadcasters/senior national journalists) and ideally also covering regular communication with industry analysts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a proven ability to positively influence both internal and external senior stakeholders.
So why Virgin Media? We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade, with a £3bn programme to extend our ultrafast broadband network and brilliant Virgin TV to 17 million homes and businesses. We’re challenging our competitors with the best services and the fastest speeds.
Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. You can trust us to do the right thing by you. We’re a great place to work – and we offer impressive benefits too. Get ready for a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension, performance related bonus and, of course, discounts on our fantastic mobile, broadband and cable.
Come and be part of something special. Join us - click 'Apply'!