Great British Racing, Digital PR Executive
Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to promote and raise the profile of the brand through the development and activation of creative PR campaigns.
- Participate in the planning, research and delivery of creative PR campaigns and stunts that help to broaden horse racing’s appeal.
- Proactively identify promotional opportunities and deliver on these under the guidance of the PR Manager, with a particular focus on online, consumer coverage.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to develop and sell in creative shareable content, including video and other digital assets, and ensure the greatest possible reach for initiatives.
- Produce editorial copy as required including, but not limited to press releases and packs, newsletters and shareable online content which can be syndicated to the media.
- Film, edit and produce quirky video content for use by the media and across our channels
- Develop relationships with key media including influential bloggers, journalists, online influencers, as well as industry stakeholders and brand ambassadors.
- Brief work to external suppliers, demonstrating clear knowledge of budgetary restraints and deadlines and utilising negotiation skills when required.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, best practices, new technology and networks and recommend innovations for implementation
- Proven track record in a consumer PR environment
- Ability to develop consumer-focused PR ideas and stunts and proven ability to gain media coverage
- Video editing skills and the ability to develop quirky shareable content
- Ability to deal with a high volume of varied PR-related tasks including pitching to journalists and managing PR campaigns.
- An established contacts book and evidence of ongoing relationships with relevant consumer media particularly online contacts and influencers
- Proven track record of working with professional athletes and brand ambassadors
- Relevant degree
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritise, and deal with a high volume of conflicting tasks, delivering results to tight deadlines and with minimum supervision.
- Ability to devise and successfully implement high profile PR campaigns.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships with journalists, online influencers, ambassadors, high profile athletes, consumer brands and team members.
- Excellent written skills with high attention to detail and grammatical accuracy.
- Ability to pitch effectively to journalists
- Excellent communication skills including meticulous written skills
- Professional outlook and creative approach
- Excellent inter-personal and team working skills.
- Demonstrable ability to use initiative, be proactive and work at speed.
- Highly organised with an ability to multi-task and manage several projects at various stages whilst remaining calm and professional.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to perform well in a fast paced environment
- A strong interest in horseracing or an empathy and association with the aims and objectives of Great British racing.
Complete the application form below to send us your CV and covering letter.