KPMG, Senior PR Manager - Financial Services and Corporates
An exciting opportunity has come up within KPMG’s press office to shape the direction of the firm’s PR for its financial services sector and corporates business.
We are looking for an individual interested in and capable of developing stories across financial services, raising the profile of the firm to potential clients working in this critical sector.
The postholder will be the point of contact for KPMG’s new Head of Financial Services and Head of Corporates, helping them to build their profiles across both traditional and social media.
The successful candidate will work closely with the PR manager for financial services to provide strategic direction and support to deliver campaigns aligned to the biggest commercial opportunities for our firm. They will also provide guidance to the PR managers working on corporates, making the most of material produced and reducing duplication.
Experience of, and passion for, performance management is vital. The successful candidate will work closely with colleagues in the team, providing advice and support to help them thrive at work and develop their careers.
KPMG has a busy press office team who deal with a wide range of proactive and reactive media opportunities on a daily basis. This role will give a senior PR professional access to a wide range of internal stakeholders from the Board and senior partners to marketing, corporate responsibility and internal communications colleagues.
The role holder will be expected to engage with these individuals to ensure KPMG’s viewpoints, thought leadership, insights and analysis are promptly and widely disseminated via a broad mix of communications channels.
- extensive experience of working with the most senior leaders in large, complex organisations
- experience working alongside, or managing, agencies
- people management and experience of coaching colleagues to succeed
- a strong network of media contacts across national and trade titles
- adept at building spokespeople’s profiles across all media, including social
- providing advice to senior stakeholders for proactive and reactive media relations and strategic counsel covering long-term profile raising needs
- creating opportunities out of third-party activity and identifying proactive media relations activities
- reporting, monitoring and analysing coverage to plan for future activity
- deputising for senior colleagues to advise on corporate issues
- delegating work to colleagues and overseeing it to ensure deadlines are met
Expected skills and behaviours for the role
- ability to plan long term proactive campaigns to build key spokespeople’s profiles in the press on key commercial issues
- understanding of the wider business environment and the impact actions can have on client relationships
- evidence of an ability to spot issues-led media opportunities ahead of time
- ability to produce rapid reaction statements to capitalise on breaking news issues
- comfort advising senior stakeholders with often competing demands
- willingness to innovate
- live, and be an advocate of, the KPMG values
- willingness to lead on firm wide reputational campaigns, working closely with the head of communications and head of press
Applying with a disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss with your recruitment contact any reasonable adjustments to our Recruitment Process that you may require.
Click 'Apply' now.