Instinctif Partners, Graduate Account Executive - Life Sciences
Instinctif Partners is an international business communications consultancy, specialists in reputation, influence and engagement. We work with over 850 clients globally, from FTSE100 enterprises to SMEs just starting out on their journey. We are 450+ people twenty offices in ten countries, working across six practice areas and a range of sector specialisms.
We are recognised across our industry as one of the Best Places to Work in 2017 (PR Week) and have been shortlisted for Employer of the Year and the UK National Business Awards and the European Business Awards. Our values define us: we blaze a trail, always connect, move fast and keep it real. Described by our clients as a ‘challenger agency’, ‘a thought partner’ and ‘fantastic at thinking outside the box’, we are looking for innovative thinkers to join our team.
Winner of the prestigious PR Week International Agency of the Year 2017, we have a strong reputation in the financial PR arena, winning the PRCA City Agency of the Year in 2017 and 2016.
The life sciences practice of Instinctif Partners brings together a unique mix of expertise in corporate, financial, marketing and product communications with a dedicated design consultancy. We’ve earned a formidable reputation for creative, comprehensive and effective communications counsel over two decades.
We deliver communications programmes focused on enhancing the value proposition for companies seeking investment, partnerships or customers. Our clients range from start-ups to multi-nationals. All have a common goal to make a difference, whether that’s in pharma, biotech, medical devices, diagnostics, e-health, or through enabling technologies and services. We aim to make a difference through the strategic counsel and communications services we offer.
We have an opening for graduate/post graduate level Account Executives within our Life Sciences team. The successful candidate will provide a comprehensive support service to our client management teams.
You will support a thriving team and have the opportunity to contribute to a range of clients within the life sciences sector. We are looking for an organised and analytical individual who can work flexibly in a matrix management team.
The role will involve an individual to work effectively in pressured situations, have excellent communication skills and attention to detail. Good written communication and an understanding of and interest in the Life Sciences is essential.
- Researching editorial calendars, maintaining the master database and using this to help populate the client specific PR plans.
- Developing knowledge of key publications relevant to our clients to support PR programmes.
- Assist with events and meetings to ensure that the team and clients experience a professional service.
- Proof reading material when required by the team.
- Drafting copy for press releases, marketing materials and various digital and social media channels.
- Posting copy to website and social media sites.
- Drafting status reports including monthly and ad hoc activity reports.
- Compiling and managing media databases.
- Undertaking directed research to support the development of campaigns and new business proposals.
- Scanning journals and other sources for editorial, placed adverts, articles and other useful information e.g. competitive information.
- Provide administrative support for various tasks as required.
- Understanding of and interest in the life sciences industry.
- Some experience of communications e.g. as an intern within a PR consultancy, press office or news outlet.
- First class degree in a life sciences subject as a minimum.
- Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills essential.
- Advanced IT knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook).
- Production of PowerPoint presentations to a professional level using templates.
- Familiarity and competency in social media (e.g. Twitter and LinkedIn).
Hours of work:
- Contractual hours are 7.5 per day (37.5 per week) to be worked between 8.30am and 6pm Monday to Friday, but flexibility is essential in order to meet both business and customer needs.