Telegraph Media Group, Commissioning Editor / Writer - Culture
Working as part of The Telegraph's Culture team, the Commissioning Editor / Writer will be responsible for commissioning, editing and writing features, reviews, and comment for the daily arts pages, the Review section on Saturday and online.
Key job responsibilities
- Commissioning, editing and writing Culture content, including news stories, features, reviews, interviews, picture galleries and infographics.
- Publishing and promoting digital content on the homepage and via social media.
- Experience of working with analytics, social media, digital publishing and knowledge of how to use these tools to grow audience and engagement.
- Flexibility to work varying shifts on a seven day rota, including some weekend work.
Specific requirements / skills
- Excellent writing skills – able to write with clarity and flair on a range of subjects, to produce in depth features as well as comment pieces, for print and online.
- Track record for writing, commissioning and publishing first-class digital and print content.
- Detailed knowledge and enthusiasm for the world of arts and entertainment.
- Experience commissioning relevant content, ideally with a network of contacts across all subject areas covered by Telegraph Culture.
- An understanding of the Telegraph’s audiences across digital and print and their interests.
Click 'Apply' now.