Dairy UK, Communications Manager
Dairy UK is the trade association representing the interests of the UK dairy industry. It brings together farmers, dairy co-operatives and manufacturers, and milkmen throughout the United Kingdom. We represent our members in a range of areas including policy, nutrition, sustainability and on technical issues nationally and internationally.
Our communications manager holds an important position within the organisation, driving communications with a range of target audiences including, government, politicians, media and the dairy industry.
The role will include:
- Working closely with the CEO of Dairy UK and policy experts to communicate effectively how Dairy UK is addressing key industry issues.
- Leading on the development and implementation of the communications and engagement strategy for the organisation.
- Creating and organising key communications initiatives, campaigns and events.
- Preparing high-quality information for political audiences and monitoring the political environment.
- Generating content for social media and maintaining the organisation’s website.
- Working with external partners.
- Supporting communication activities with international organisations at a European and global level.
The candidate will have:
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of a trade association (preferably).
- Excellent organisational skills and time management.
- Clear ability to work effectively under pressure independently and as part of a team.
- An ability to build and maintain relationships with key target audiences, such as politicians, government and media.
- An understanding of communicating effectively with key figures within the dairy industry.
- An ability to present information clearly, both verbally and in writing - in English.
- Experience in social media and website content management.
Apply by completing the application form below.