Horizon, Deputy Editor (Brussels)
Horizon, the flagship EU research publication, is looking for a full-time deputy editor.
Horizon is the flagship EU research publication. We cover cutting-edge science in areas such as robotics, personalised medicine and space, presenting it in a way that is relevant to non-specialist readers. Horizon also produces multimedia content such as interactive timelines and short videos.
We are searching for an experienced journalist with an interest in science and a proven ability to write for a general public readership to help run this online magazine on a contractor basis.
- At least five years’ experience working as a journalist or sub-editor for a newspaper or newswire
- Excellent attention to detail and a good sense of what makes an engaging story
- Ability to turn technical or scientific topics into clean, punchy copy for a non-specialist audience
- Interest in science and research
- Experience of digital and mobile journalism would be an advantage
- Editing articles from our network of correspondents
- Generating ideas
- Writing articles and attending press conferences
- Taking over the day-to-day running of the magazine when the editor is absent
- Help with producing mobile journalism videos, data visualisations and interactive content
Interested? Send your CV and covering letter by completing the application form below and we will contact you shortly.