Barcroft Media, Video Publishing Coordinator
Barcroft Media has an opportunity for a Video Publishing Coordinator to join our team on a permanent basis, starting immediately.
This is an ideal graduate or second jobber role offering the opportunity to take a step into online publishing, content creation for social media, plus delivering assets to our partner network.
Working as part of the Partnerships Team, the successful candidate will publish video content onto a range of platforms including YouTube, barcroft.tv, syndication partners and commercial clients.
You will be responsible for ensuring timely delivery is achieved, writing headlines and choosing thumbnails, collating information from our editorial team, managing CMS systems and contributing to the visual look of the video across our channels.
As a member of the video production team you will represent our content with credibility and creativity to contributors, clients and the industry at large.
- Coordinate all video content delivery across our digital channels and sites, liaising with video platforms and portals such as YouTube, MSN, Yahoo, Amazon, AOL amongst others.
- Writing headlines, creating thumbnails, and creating content for our social media pages, whilst constantly monitoring their performance.
- Collating information and metadata for videos from the editorial team, including headlines, copy, descriptions, credits, keywords, and thumbnails.
- Assisting with rights management of videos, including takedowns where others use our content without permission.
- Become a key source of knowledge around all of our content.
- General admin of video content, such as archiving content onto internal systems, keeping asset lists, updating checklists, and collating video content lists.
- Advise on technical aspects of delivery to new portals and clients.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Experience of working with web Content Management Systems, and programs such as Microsoft Word/Excel and Google Docs.
- Experience working with YouTube’s video publishing platform.
- Experience working with Twitter, Tweetdeck or similar, Facebook and Facebook business manager tools.
- Experience creating social media content throughout the working day, pro-actively and re-actively, including GIF creation.
- Ability to multitask and work on different projects at the same time.
- Well organised with excellent planning skills.
- Possess a good eye for detail.
- Have strong and creative spoken and written English.
- Be creative and flexible.
- Experience of Photoshop a bonus.
Barcroft Media are one of the world’s leading independent producers of short‐form factual content, producing and distributing short‐form digital content for global brands, clients and portals. Our original stories, pictures, and videos are delivered by our team of award winning producers from our offices in London, New York and New Delhi.
Please see our Barcroft TV YouTube channel to see examples of our output, and the range of content you will be working across.
You will be based in our London office in Hoxton, generally working Monday‐Friday. Hours will be between 9am and 6pm, though flexibility as part of a busy newsroom will be required.
Please send cover letters and CVs by completing the application form below clarifying your availability.
Please only apply if you meet the criteria above.