MailOnline, Digital Sports Journalist
MailOnline is looking for talented journalists to join its digital sports team on a casual basis.
MailOnline is the world's biggest English-language newspaper website with more than 240 million monthly unique visitors.
The office-based role involves writing and building news stories, features and minute-by-minute live blogs for MailOnline Sport.
You will need a background in digital journalism as well as expert sporting knowledge to excel in this role. Successful candidates will also understand the high-pressure demands of this competitive industry and consider areas such as SEO and social media key ingredients of any successful digital operation.
Above all, applicants must be able to deliver high quality and error-free, engaging stories to very tight deadlines.
- To write and build stories for a digital audience
- Experience of using content management systems and image libraries
- The ability to generate a constant stream of new story ideas from the latest sporting events
- A determination to stay abreast of all the big talking points in sport
- Good communication skills
- An appreciation of the best images and videos to help tell the story
- The ability to use social media for both story ideas and as a way of generating traffic
- To live within easy access of our offices in central London and be flexible around working patterns
- To be NCTJ qualified
Apply by completing the application form below.
Apply for MailOnline, Digital Sports Journalist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly