FM World, Associate Editor
Due to career progression, we need a versatile associate editor to write, commission and take responsibility for the day-to-day delivery of FM World, the UK’s leading business title for the facilities management sector.
Produced on behalf of the British Institute of Facilities Management, the FM World brand includes a website, monthly magazine (shortlisted in the 2017 MemCom awards), daily newsletter, annual guides, regular events and social media. This is an exciting opportunity for an assistant editor or features editor seeking a new challenge.
You can expect to be involved in the development of themes such as wellbeing in the workplace, sustainability, health & safety (including, for example, the response from government and business to the recent Grenfell Tower disaster) and social value.
The role involves three main elements:
- Digital: managing an assistant to oversee FM World’s social media presence, using contributions from the editorial team, uploading the monthly magazine and other original content onto the website.
- Content: working with the editor and BIFM to write and commission content, ensuring accurate and timely copy, as well as ensuring that all copy is engaging and informative for the reader.
- Events: attending relevant conferences and seminars in order to gather news and feature ideas, as well as building a network of contacts.
- demonstrate exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- be outgoing, enjoying interacting with other people and working in a team
- be well-organised, able to multi task and get a kick out of being purposefully busy
- be a ‘digital native’, able to use content management systems, Adobe InDesign and quickly master the software necessary to deliver new products and service for the FM World brand
You will have professional journalism credentials and be able to demonstrate experience in a business-to-business or similar editorial role. For more information please visit our company website.
We offer excellent benefits including: a generous pension scheme, 28 days’ holiday, subsidised gym membership and a season ticket loan.
Close to the Tower of London and St Katherine’s Dock, Redactive is the UK's leading content marketing and publishing services agency for membership and professional services organisations. To produce the best-quality magazines, we aim to attract a diverse mix of people who have fresh, creative and challenging ideas.
If you can demonstrate the skills we need, please click 'Apply' now and upload a covering letter and CV.
Closing date: 4 August 2017
No agencies please.