The Insurance Insider, Reporter
The Insurance Insider is looking for a journalist to join its award-winning editorial team in London as a Reporter.
The Insurance Insider is a breaking news, scoops-driven organisation, which prides itself on providing its readers with independent insight and intelligence on the global specialty insurance and reinsurance sector.
A subscription-driven title, The Insurance Insider has been running since 1996, and in 2013 became part of listed publishing company Euromoney.
The editorial team has grown substantially over the past five years, with a dedicated team of eight in London and 4 in New York, as well as 5 editorial staff on spin-off titles.
Reporting to the Managing Editor, you will be work as part of a team responsible for day-to-day news gathering and wire coverage. In time, you will also be expected to produce a regular flow of exclusive news stories from your beats, as well as writing news analysis and ultimately opinion.
We are looking for a candidate:
- who is tenacious and resilient and has a genuine desire to break stories first, while maintaining the highest standards of accuracy
- with an aptitude for cultivating contacts and network-building
- who can work quickly and accurately to daily deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- who has excellent spoken and written English and is able to deliver copy to a high standard
- who is intellectually sharp and prepared to make a sustained effort to gain a sophisticated understanding of a complex market over and above that expected by most trade titles
- who is numerate
- who has a strong attention to detail and a highly inquisitive mind
- who wants to work collaboratively with the existing close-knit team rather than in competition with them
- who is prepared to travel internationally for work, probably 2-4 times per year
Your experience will include:
- Either the NCTJ or an equivalent journalism qualification; or relevant experience at a news organisation
- Educated to at least undergraduate degree level
- While experience in the (re)insurance sector is not expected, it would be highly valuable
- Foreign language skills are also a plus
Click 'Apply' now.