Informa IEG Vu, News Analyst
Informa IEG Vu, part of the international Informa group, offers global business insight to track major developments in agricultural commodity markets.
Our reporting on the latest events and analysis of influencing factors and trends is supported by the latest pricing, production and trade data, allowing out clients to react to changing market conditions with confidence. There is no comparable source that offers the breadth of coverage across the agricultural value chain.
An exciting opportunity is now available for a News Analyst based in our London office.
This position is responsible for researching and writing news and analysis articles on food commodity markets for the IEG Vu website and other content for the Agribusiness Intelligence online information services.
- Market reporting and analysis in specialist area: focusing on original price and supply and demand reporting based on face-to-face, telephone and email conversations with key contacts in the industry.
- Produce high quality, original content in written form: produce news and analysis of various types, ranging from breaking news to in-depth market analysis.
- Produce rich media form content (graphics, dashboards, data tools, etc): use Tableau, Infogram or other suitable tools to create dashboards or charts to illustrate market developments, drawing on data resources for your sector.
- Be prepared to travel to attend meetings and conferences, with the aim of developing contacts, developing your understanding of market dynamics, and creating original editorial content.
- Engage in social media to promote the Agribusiness Intelligence and other relevant brands, and to build your own reputation as a news analyst. Use social media to source stories and develop contacts
- Aspire to develop your own reputation as a news analyst, and promote the brand, by presenting at external conferences or in-house webinars
What we are looking for:
- Previous journalism/reporting/agricultural markets experience is an advantage; however, we would also consider other relevant experience.
- Very strong communication skills. Confident on telephone, email and face-to-face
- High level of computer literacy - proficient in use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- High level of numeracy, and ability to analyse and interpret data and information to identify trends and significant developments
- Accuracy and an eye for detail
- Ability to create and manage schedules to meet deadlines
Rated as one of the top 5 large companies to work for in the UK, we offer world class career development, competitive salaries, as well as an award winning benefits package.
To apply for this opportunity, click 'Apply' and please send your resume, a cover letter and salary expectations.
Informa’s Business Intelligence (BI) division provides specialist data, intelligence and insight to our customers, helping them make better decisions, gain competitive advantage and enhance return on investment.
BI has a valuable portfolio of digital subscription products, providing business critical intelligence to global, regional and niche communities within five core industry sectors: Pharma & Healthcare; Finance; Telecoms, Media & Technology; Maritime & Law and Agribusiness & Commodities.