FTI Consulting, Senior Consultant | Strategic Communications - Consumer Industries
About the Company:
FTI Consulting is a global business advisory firm, dedicated to helping organisations navigate and manage a diverse range of complex issues and business challenges. Our expertise covers the spectrum of Corporate Finance & Restructuring, Economic Consulting, Forensic & Litigation Consulting, Strategic Communications and Technology. We are a company of more than 4,600 professionals with annual revenues in excess of $1.8 billion, with offices located in every major business centre in the world.
Our professionals are some of the most experienced leaders in their fields, and advise across a range of industries. Our clients engage us for high-stakes concerns or emerging opportunities that require specialised expertise, and over the past two decades we have been engaged to work behind the headlines on some of the biggest news stories to date.
FTI consulting is a fast growing and vibrant place to work. Steered by our values of Integrity, Creativity, Achievement, Respect and Empathy and, its meritocratic culture invites both collaboration and healthy debate. We are large enough to be trusted by our clients to solve their biggest issues and yet small enough to know our colleagues on a personal level enabling better team working and a supportive culture to develop your career goals and ambitions.
If you are interested in becoming part of a fast growing company and contributing to history-making engagements, read on.
About the Opportunity:
The Strategic Communications division of FTI Consulting is one of the world’s most highly regarded communications consultancies; with over 700 people in more than 25 key markets. FTI works with some of the world’s leading companies throughout the UK and around the world, to provide expert advice to address their most pressing communications and business challenges.
The Consumer Industries team advises both large international and small companies on all aspects of the corporate reputation (and financial communications), Mandates range from strategic media and stakeholder engagement and issues-based commentary to content marketing, thought leadership and crisis preparedness, often in a very fast-paced environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Consultant with 3 – 5 years’ experience looking to develop their career in corporate communications, advising some of the world’s biggest brands on some of their biggest issues.
We are looking for someone who is bright, energetic and with a can-do attitude who is eager to take the next step in their career.
Deliver to Clients
- Provide energetic, enthusiastic account support to a broad range of corporate communications client accounts with an emphasis on media and stakeholder engagement
- Manage client expectations and anticipate their needs
- Work alongside colleagues to ensure timescales and quality assurance are adhered to
- Ensure client programmes are agreed and project plans are in place
- Take ownership of research projects and others client / team needs to ensure work is delivered promptly, to a high standard
- Focus on client retention through exemplary service delivery
- Anticipate potentially challenging situations and evaluate alternatives with senior team
- Assist senior team members in creatively preparing and delivering the client programme
Support Business Development
- Seek and support new business opportunities and produce fresh ideas
- Help the team expand the Consumer Industries portfolio through business with existing clients and the broader FTI group
- Proactively network with media and industry contacts, as well as potential clients
- Share ideas and client information with the team
- Share knowledge, insights and experience with colleagues
- Develop relationships with other teams within FTI
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience in a PR agency (or in-house communications role) at Consultant/Account Executive level
- Strong writing skills
- Have the desire to develop excellent contacts with the media and analysts
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Ability to build strong rapport/relationships at all levels within FTI Consulting, client organisations and analysts
- Ability to work effectively within a busy team and the ability to prioritise a varied workload
- Takes a pragmatic and ‘can do’ approach, demonstrating high levels of personal responsibility and task ownership
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
Click 'Apply' now.
FTI Consulting can offer a competitive and attractive rewards package, excellent training and development opportunities, a supportive and friendly environment and the opportunity to achieve your potential. FTI Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer