Morningstar.co.uk is seeking a reporter with two years’ financial journalism experience to join its editorial team.
As a Reporter in our London office you will be responsible for sourcing and writing stories which help individuals achieve their financial goals.
Morningstar’s flagship UK website provides private investors with essential independent news, views and analysis on investing, retirement, global markets and economics.
The Reporter will work with the Senior Editor, Video Producer and Sub-Editor to produce unique multi-media editorial, incorporating investor education, investment news and trends, analytical commentary and actionable investing ideas.
We are looking for a candidate with an interest in finance, good contacts book, natural writing ability and who will thrive in a small team.
- Report on financial news events, and what they mean for individual investors
- Generate content through your contacts
- Utilise Morningstar products and tools to generate online content
- Analyse Morningstar investment data and market trends to generate online editorial
- Assist in the production of video content, particularly vox pops with members of the public and at industry events
- Engage with private investors and advisers through Morningstar.co.uk’s social media channels
- A Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent
- Minimum two years’ financial journalism experience
- Knowledge of and interest in personal finance and investment
- Experience of using content management systems and image libraries
- Proven experience of producing editorial to deadline, and a hands-on approach to day-to-day content management and social media
- Analytically-minded, with a keen interest in data-driven content
- Understanding of SEO, web publication and consumer editorial trends
- Basic knowledge of HTML, Photoshop and Publishing systems
- Ability to work to demanding deadlines and to manage content according to the editorial schedule
Click 'Apply' now.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.