PR+EVENTS MANAGER | national charity
Looking to work in the charity sector? Use your PR skills in an intensely fulfilling role? A fixed term contract for up to a year (which may also go permanent) and possible flexible working is up for grabs here, working for one of the UKs leading children’s charities and based in the East Midlands (commutable from Milton Keynes, Luton, Bedford, Peterborough).This wonderful charity is looking for a committed and compassionate PR to work on an exciting national media and launch programme.
Its an exciting time for this charity, with a significant anniversary looming and a full national events programme planned to mark it; lots of key projects underway already, including a full re brand and many other supportive campaigns earmarked over the coming year to get your teeth into.
Supporting vulnerable children and their families nationally, you will join a small and hardworking team of passionate advocates and form part of this highly experienced group in a supportive and caring working environment, with good work life balance and flexible/home working to boot.
- Develop and implement a proactive PR and comms function across all channels (consumer, corporate and b2b) to grow brand recognition
- Manage and support local and national events.
- Support the charities corporate branding and messaging and communicate this across stakeholder groups
- Support the delivery of an integrated digital strategy including social media
- Work directly with the management team including the Assistant Director of Comms, CEO and Fundraising and Business Development
- Produce impactful content (external, internal and digital) for national, international and regional media alongside other team members
- Support and develop junior comms/marketing team members
- Promote key spokespeople from within the charity for media and events and act as first point of contact for media enquiries
Skills and Experience required:
- Strong media relations, devising key messages, writing, handling media enquiries and good understanding of working with the UK and regional media and have a network of contacts.
- Able to deliver both communications and marketing campaigns
- Experience of developing and implementing national events
- Knowledge of the charity sector - children/young people/social care sector is desirable but not essential
- Experience of working with a faith based charity would be useful
- Knowledge of digital communications
- Able to work on own initiative and drive programmes
- Creative and innovative in approach and enjoy the challenge of working in this kind of environment
- Demonstrate gravitas and confidence to influence and advise others externally and internally
- Be willing to travel – a car driver and access to car and flexible approach to working hours
To apply for this role please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting CF0363