Bloomberg, Finance / Economics Reporter (Amsterdam)
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news about mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings and other events, enabling readers, viewers and listeners to stay a step ahead of the markets.
We are looking for a Reporter to join our office in Amsterdam who will cover the finance industry and the institutions that oversee the country's economy.
From banks and insurers, to their regulators and the Finance Ministry, to the asset gatherers, you will break some of the country's biggest stories, whether it be the sale of shares in ABN Amro, interviewing the chief of PGGM or the Dutch Finance Minister.
But it doesn't end there: as a member of a bigger European team and office, you will have the opportunity to work on news that shapes the region and nation outside your beat.
You will be part of our tightly knit, self-starting team that meets real-time deadlines. Fluency in Dutch and English, versatility, and an "I'm free, how can I help" attitude are key.
We'll trust you to:
- Break news on the financial services industry and write enterprise stories under deadline pressure
- Lean on existing sources and develop new ones to generate intelligent, impactful news
- Work with Bloomberg magazines, Markets and BusinessWeek, and talk about the bigger stories on Bloomberg TV and Bloomberg Radio
- Cover breaking news with speed and accuracy
- Write insightful, thought-provoking stories
- Collaborate with colleagues across teams and countries
You'll need to have:
- Experience of working to short deadlines in a busy environment is essential
- A network in the financial industry is essential
- Financial or business journalism experience
- Experience of working in a real-time news environment
- The ability to write quickly and concisely under deadline pressure
- The ability to plan effectively and prepare accurately
- Fluency in English and Dutch
- A relevant bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
If this sounds like you:
Click 'Apply' if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Please submit all resumes in English.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.