Telegraph Media Group, Technology Reporter
2 days left
- Full Time
The Telegraph is looking for a Technology Reporter to take our coverage in this crucial area to the next level.
- Working in a team of journalists to produce The Telegraph’s technology content primarily for the website and the newspaper.
- You will work with the portal, social media and SEO teams to help promote the technology team’s digital output. This will include, among other things, breaking news stories, features, interviews, live blogs, maps, graphics and videos.
- Writing savvy features as well as exclusive news stories, often very rapidly and in a "live" manner against almost instant deadlines.
- Regularly writing entertaining and informative news, features, live blogs and other copy; generating clever and engaging digital content.
- You will be able to analyse the technology market, key issues and trends, products and companies.
- Having the versatility to cover a range of technology subject areas including consumer stories, security and the big technology companies.
- Working with the team to conceive off-diary projects and to prepare for important on-diary events.
Specific requirements & skills
- Have experience of working in a newspaper, news wire or digital environment.
- Experience of planning and producing agenda-setting content across all platforms.
- Access to a range of technology contacts and experts.
- Have a demonstrative understanding of the inherent differences between print and digital content but also have clear ideas about how print content can be made more appealing online and vice versa.
- A strong visual sense and the ability to use video and graphics as well as pictures to project stories and maximise audiences.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, the different types of digital storytelling and an understanding of digital, as well as of techniques to optimise of content through social media and SEO.
- Highly numerically literate - able to turn raw data into a concise news story.
- Digitally savvy - understanding of digital storytelling and optimisation of content through social media and SEO.
Click 'Apply' now.