London Stansted Airport, Press Officer
- Press Officer - 2 year Fixed Term Contract
- Stansted Airport, great career opportunity
- Competitive salary up to £36,000, plus 10% bonus and 5% on call allowance
The Press Officer is responsible for promoting and protecting Stansted Airport through on-going engagement with the local and regional media.
The role will assist delivery of an effective and focused PR strategy across a multitude of platforms and provide an excellent reactive press office service. There is an emphasis on acting as the key driver for the production and dissemination of press office social media content.
- To maintain oversight of designated areas of the business in order to develop and deliver associated communications activity that supports Stansted Airport’s strategic goals.
- To actively generate and seek out opportunities in a wide range of press and media for Stansted Airport to input into either through the provision of comment or other relevant information.
- To research and write creative, newsworthy press releases.
- To design and deliver relevant, media-related events in a complex operational environment including taking accountability for associated budget.
- To develop and maintain key lists and relationships with media contacts and a working knowledge of the media industry.
- To research, produce and gain appropriate approvals for verbal and written responses to a broad range of media inquiries.
- To assist in handling the media in crisis and emergency situations, formulating statements and exchanging information and advice with appropriate agencies including Government, airlines and the emergency services.
- To manage the setting up of news and current affairs filming/photography (and occasional drama filming) on the airport site, including carrying out necessary internal and external liaisons/clearances. This will not include commercial filming requests.
- To provide public relations services (e.g. providing quotes, writing speeches, writing press releases, supplying media contacts, setting up photocalls etc) to internal and external ‘clients’.
- Assist in the production of writing/proof reading internal and external publications and communications as required. Manage external suppliers and/or contractors as necessary.
- To ensure an up-to-date working knowledge of Stansted Airport’s commercial and operational activities, its policies, key service partners and the aviation industry to present an informed and accurate company identity to the public and media.
- To act as the first point of contact for journalists, operational colleagues and external partners as part of a 24/7 out of hours service.
- To undertake other duties relevant to the media team as directed by the Press Office Manager.
Desirable Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Ideally three years’ experience, gained in a highly commercial or complex operational environment. Either in-house or agency side
- Degree in PR, Journalism or equivalent work experience
- Excellent oral and written English to a professional standard
- Proven ability to deliver proactive PR and knowledge of the media on a local, regional, national level
- Experience in reputational and crisis communications
- The ability to think for oneself and lead projects independently and as part of a team. The ability to be proactive, to seek out story and coverage opportunities from within the business and wider aviation industry
- Full knowledge of current and emerging social media channels
- Experience of working with senior management team
- Commercially and politically astute, and able to work at pace within a complex stakeholder environment.
- Knowledge of the aviation or transport sectors is desirable but not essential
- Good judgment with an ability to work under pressure
To be successful in this role, you will have a high energy/ can-do attitude. You must be able to deliver on time and to the highest standard. We will give you the support, skills and tools that you need to be successful if you can bring the drive, personality and desire.
What we offer
MAG offers a competitive salary for this role, plus a competitive benefits package with the option to save up to 80% on bus/train commuting costs or free staff parking.
Click 'Apply' now.