CDR Magazine, Staff Writer
Global Legal Group is looking for a full-time staff writer to expand its growing media offering.
Launched in 2009, CDR News is the leading dispute resolution magazine in print and online. A unique resource for in-house counsel and dispute resolution specialists, CDR News provides incisive analysis of the latest trends including in competition, financial, construction, class action and IP litigation, white-collar crime, third-party funding, arbitration and other forms of commercial ADR.
We publish a quarterly printed magazine, daily news and features online and a weekly newsletter for in-house counsel and private practitioners in major law firms, and hold a number of conference and roundtable events throughout the year.
Additionally, we host a series of successful legal events throughout the year, covering hot topics in dispute resolution. These one-day London-based symposia facilitate the sharing of best practice by leading experts from a broad spectrum of industries, sectors and jurisdictions.
We are looking for a self-motivated journalist who will support our editorial team which comprises an editor-in-chief, editor and senior reporter. The successful candidate will be responsible for writing news briefs, sub-editing, proofreading, online content management, as well as regular features and profiles for the magazine.
They will be expected to act as an ambassador for the publication through building high-level industry contacts, and will assist with the management and administration of in-house events, attend client events and engage with social media.
The staff writer will report directly to the editor of CDR.
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Writing and uploading news stories: covering people moves, important legal decisions, summarising reports and surveys, profiles and news in brief.
- Writing and uploading occasional topical features.
- Attending and reporting on affiliated events and conferences.
- Assisting with sub-editing articles from the team and other external contributors.
- Assisting with event management and speaker acquisition for CDR events such as conferences and roundtables, as well as administration.
- Participating in editorial meetings and helping shape the editorial direction of the publication.
- Supporting CDR’s social media channels (initially LinkedIn and Twitter) to stimulate debate and participation.
- At least two years’ experience as a reporter or staff writer on a legal or business publication.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the international legal market and legal topics.
- Strong news sense and commitment to high editorial standards, including to house style.
- Good organisational skills, especially when under deadline pressure.
- A dedicated work ethic.
- Only applicants legally entitled to work in the United Kingdom will be considered.
To apply, please send a CV, cover letter and two examples of published articles to Angela Bilbow, Editor CDR News, by completing the application form below.
Apply for CDR Magazine, Staff Writer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly