Entertainment News, Broadcast Journalist
Entertainment News is the UK's leading showbiz provider for radio, supplying groups including Bauer, Wireless and UKRD among others. Nearly 10 million listeners around the UK hear our content every week, while millions more watch our online showbiz video features.
This is an exciting opportunity to not only work at the forefront of entertainment in UK radio, but also to work within 7digital’s Creative team, who are experts in original content and curation to the music and radio industries.
Our team is part of 7digital, the global leader in B2B digital music solutions. We’re fast, flexible, innovative and bursting at the seams with people passionate about music, radio and technology. We’re growing at a rapid pace and are seeking an enthusiastic, creative, intelligent and fun individual to join us.
Our headquarters are based in Shoreditch, in the heart of London’s creative hub, where you’ll be surrounded by a friendly bunch who love their work, and are sociable too.
An opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated and dedicated individual to join the award winning Entertainment News team at 7digital’s London headquarters as a full time Broadcast Journalist.
If you love news, adore showbiz and have an excellent broadcast voice backed up by solid news writing skills, we want to hear from you!
- Interviewing A List celebrities on red carpets and at junkets
- Compiling scripts and audio cuts for radio broadcast
- Writing and reading bulletins
- Creating video packages for our online partners (previous experience of creating videos is not essential)
- Some overnight and evening work required - this is on a rota basis
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Strong technical abilities
- The ability to respond fast to breaking stories
- Attention to detail, a stickler for spelling and grammar
- Ability to work under pressure
- Great communication skills
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro video editing software, desired but not essential
Please email your curriculum vitae, covering letter, voice demo, and salary requirements by completing the application form below.
*Please, no agencies. Any CVs submitted via agencies will be ignored.*