Hudson Sandler, Client Director - Russian Practice (50:50 Moscow / London)
Job Title: Part Time Client Director – Russian Practice
Time requirement: 3 or 4 days per week
Report Line: Board Director
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Hudson Sandler's Russian practice team. Working on our Russian clients with a supportive team and excellent career development opportunities.
You will be one of the main points of contact working in a team of 6. Public relations experience in working with Russian companies is essential.
You will be a confident, trusted adviser, who can lead teams, prioritise work and rapidly build relations internally and externally. PR experience is essential and you must be able to communicate in both written and spoken Russian.
The role will combine working half the time in Moscow and half the time in our London office. We would expect that this role will mean spending no longer than 3 weeks in either location in order to ensure contact is maintained with the wider team and particularly given collaboration is one of our key values.
Hudson Sandler is an award-winning consultancy that enhances and protects reputations through integrated communications. Our long term client relationships result from delivering added value advice and campaigns that help secure commercial success.
Our work is inspired by our values of being curious, thoughtful, collaborative, passionate, humble and fun.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Proactively manage the financial calendar for clients, ensuring you and the team know the detail and current status on all financial programmes;
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of each client’s business, operations and capital markets strategy and sound strategic understanding
- Be able to critique or defend work and ideas in relation to client’s strategy, both for yourself and your team
- Oversee the delivery of all day to day activity – set the standards, drive quality control
- Build strong relationships with clients, advisors and the account teams you manage:
- Be the first point of contact for clients from Board level down on most issues
- Lead decision making but give feedback and information on progress to Directors to avoid any communication void
- Be able to handle any difficult client situations, such as M&A etc (in terms of drafting documents and also dealing with press queries)
- Demonstrate curiosity; challenge the assumed where appropriate
- Deliver exemplary client service without the need for day to day intervention from Directors:
- Advise senior management teams with regards to communication programmes - from strategy to implementation - including creative thinking
- Draft press releases, statements and presentations as needed and without prompting
- Critique and develop key messages for programmes as needed
- Manage results days with your team – build their knowledge and experience
- Be able to deal with exceptional situations with less involvement from Directors
- Action any required crisis management with support of Directors
- Stay one step ahead – articulate a point of view
- Have a perspective beyond the immediate task and build experience through client direction not just client service
- What to challenge, change, check
- How to drive momentum
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of how key business and financial media operates across all platforms
- Build strong press relations at both companies desk's level and at Editor level where possible
- Liaise with key senior journalists as needed – develop robust relationships
- Ensure any key media activity is promptly communicated by your team to all relevant stakeholders
- Invest time to develop team members reporting to you or working with you to ensure consistent client delivery and strong relationship management both internally and externally
- Set the standards of day to day management and process eg timely reviews/feedback
- Demonstrate the values - lead by example
- Flag bad practice or behavior – take appropriate action
- Ensure training and/or learning needs for your team are highlighted and actioned
- Develop recruiting skills most notably interview and selection
- Support Directors in their efforts to build the HS offering and develop the agency further
New Business Activity
- With Director support, develop and plan a targeted approach to New Business leads, identifying new business opportunities through networking activities with Bankers, journalists, lawyers etc
- Develop a contact book and look to generate new business leads and press contacts
- Liaise with and develop senior advisor relationships
- When a new business lead is ‘live’, help draft letters or presentations to approach potential targets and motivate the team involved in the potential pitch
- Proactive participation in pitch exercises and presentations
- Assist in new business projects and take an active role in the pitch process as needed
- Generate ideas on wider marketing activities that could deliver leads or incremental revenues
£70,000 - £90,000 pro-rated dependent on experience plus benefits (health insurance, mobile phone, pension)
Please email your CV by completing the application form below.
The closing date for applications is 15 September 2017